X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Overkill??

i just pre-ordered the new SVS PC-Ultra with the 13" driver....My room size is 20X35 with a pretty big opening to the main entrance to the house.....is this sub gonna be too much?.....i know i already ordered it but just wondering some inputs.....it took me a year to convince my wife to let me buy an SVS so i figured i would get a great one as i know it will be another 10 years before she will let me upgrade...LOL...

Current set up

B&W 604
    B&W 601
    B&W 600
    Bryston 4bsst
    bryston powerpac 300sst
    rotel rb1080
    rotel rdv 1060
    rotel rcc1055
    rotel 1056
    belkin pure AV
    cat cables
    harmony 670
    samsung hlp 56
    bell Dual Tuner PVR
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

No. Not overkill. We have so many folks in the DIY speaker section than in a room like yours are using dual 15's or dual 18's, and then there's the IB sub guys, with manifolds with 4, 8, or 12 12" drivers or 2-4 15" drivers.

Don't worry about overkill.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Armbender
      • Jul 2005

Thanks...Im really excited for to be shipped
      Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Will -

Congratulations on your SVS PC-Ultra purchase. You obviously go for "Ultra" big bang for the bucks in both value and performance, already evidenced by that excellent Bryston gear on your equipment list to drive those primo B&Ws. We'll be interested in your impressions once the PC-Ultra is installed and operating in your listening room.

Overkill? Although SVS recommends exactly what you've ordered for a space as large as your room, your next upgrade may be a SECOND SVS PC-Ultra. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Armbender
          • Jul 2005

hahah,....i just told the wife that dual ultras would look great on both sides of the room....she's prepping the divorce papers now

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
            Overkill? Although SVS recommends exactly what you've ordered for a space as large as your room, your next upgrade may be a SECOND SVS PC-Ultra. :>)

Burke
            That's what I was thinking.. "You only got one??"

I have two of the PC+ 39" and am planning on getting the upgraded subs here soon.

Kevin D.

Comment

• spyboy
              • Jun 2005

One Ultra is a really good start. I really like 2 subs, one in each of the front corners. I have been using 2 subs for about 3 years. I have had several different combinations.

Some people think that mixing subs is not a very good idea, however, mixing 2 brands of subs worked pretty well for me.

Now I have 2 HSU VTF-3HO's plus Turbos, and they rock like hell.

All the Best

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Overkill? Hmmm... I have ***TWO*** PC-Ultras, that in my last house I used in a dedicated, sealed 12 x 22' room. You can guess what my opinion is about one being overkill.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Armbender
                  • Jul 2005

wow....maybe i will need to get another for Xmas then...

Comment

• bigburner
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

Armbender, when is too much ever a problem with this hobby?

Hey I was wondering, how much of a step-up was the Bryston 4B SST over your Rotel RB-1080?

Nigel.

Comment

• Armbender
                      • Jul 2005

it was drastic...i couldnt believe the difference especially in the lows....i even convinced the wife that the power pac 300 was a fan for the 4b...hahahah...she had no clue.....perfect amount of dumb....LOL

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"