X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LarryB
    • Dec 2001

Nate-Dogg: Mini-Amati's?

You referred in an earlier post to "mini-Amati's." Could you provide some additional info?

Thanks,

Larry
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Larry, not sure how often Nate passes through here, maybe he will see and reply though.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• LarryB
      • Dec 2001

Lex:

Thanks for the info. Do you, or anyone else, know anything about these speakers? I would love to think that Sonus faber was coming out with an Amati-like speaker in the $10K range.

Thanks,

Larry

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I haven't heard about one. Maybe Nate, was just using the term as an analogy for my GPs. I don't know. Maybe you can email him and ask? If you can't get his email info, let me know and I will do it...

Lex
        Doug

Comment

• LarryB
          • Dec 2001

Lex:

I spoke to one of the salesman at my favorite audio shop (which carries Sonus faber), and he said that there have been rumors for quite some time about a such a product, but he hadn't heard any specifics yet. I wonder if any announcements were made at CES?

Larry

Comment

• LarryB
            • Dec 2001

Lex:

In an earlier post I saw a reference to the Sonus faber Cremona, which was said to occupy the position between the Guaneri and the Amati Homage.

I'm not familiar with these. Are you?

Larry

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

No Larry, I haven't heard of them, but sure sounds like an exciting niche to have filled. Of course, I am owner now of all the Sonus faber I can stand for a very long time! lOL. About 10 grand worth total and my HT budget is non-existent for quite a long time I fear. lol. daughter starts college year after this one, and unless CAT gets on the NYSE, will likely be tight. lol.

Lex
              Doug

Comment

• LarryB
                • Dec 2001

Lex:

I'll keep bugging my dealer for info, which I will pass on to you.

Regarding upgrades, it my opnion you have assembled a dynamite, hihgly musical system that will most certainly bring you enjoyment for many years to come.

If you don't mind my asking, what school(s) is your daughter considering?

Larry

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Larry, thanks. She's a Junior in High School, so actually, there's one more year after this before college. I can wait. She will likely attend University of Tennessee, maybe live with me the first year or two of college. Technically, Freshmen cannot have cars on campus, so not sure what we will do about that. Maybe she will have to live on campus, we shall see...

Then again, she might get the idea she wants to go away to school, I hope not, but the possibility exists...

Lex
                  Doug

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"