X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Question On Cat Cables

I'm thinking about getting a better digital coax cable to replace the so so one I now run between my Sony 7700 dvd player and the Denon 3801. I was checking out the Cat Cable website and was somewhat confused by the different choices. Can Lex, or any one of you who presently uses a Cat Cable as a digital coax connection, make a suggestion of what model I should order ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • pf
    • Oct 2000

George, can we may be move this one over to HTF or HTT please. I am sure Lex would agree totally.

PF

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Not HTF.Thanks.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've got his Tigerpaw cable. Its using two smaller diameter silver coax cables one for the ground and the other for the hot lead. Its extremely well built and looks nice. I'm not sure which poming has?

Comment

• pf
          • Oct 2000

Oh, come on George, why not HTF. I would love to bring up some blood pressure again by telling them about my now 'broken-in' ThundaCat. Me & Andrew got a good laugh out of it.

Andrew, do you have a chance to go back to one of the AVS or HTF post where you post about your Maggies with pics of your HT. Burke Strickland wants to know more about your system, I think.

PF

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Po-ming is thinking exposure. What can I say, he's a friend of CAT. The more times these threads show up on the big forums, the more brand recognition CAT gets, and consequently, the more sales it gets.

This is ok here though George. Of course, my answer is buy one of each, lol. JK.

Seriously, they all have the same silver covered digital coax base. Some offer a single ground, and some a double ground. I offer a tremendous value in the bearcat right now. My favorite at this stage? The CATs that Po-ming, Chip, and Andrew ordered. (I can't play favorites to much) Po-ming the Thudercat, and Chip the um, "blue hue" Blackcat. This one's not on the website yet George, but can be seen in the thread Cat Cables announcements below. If you like it, I will make you a price on it, just let me know. Andrew the Tigerpaw. I really do love all these cables. I look at the Thundercat as the Xtreme digital. Not for everyone, but I did sell one last week. The WBT connectors are a nice feature of the Thundercat. I will option WBTs for the Blue Hue as Chip got. But not really necessary for a nice high quality cable.

Thanks a million,

Cable Guy DVD Collection
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Thanks all. I've decided to go with the Thundercats. Woweee!

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

George, thanx man! You just sent my 24 hour order total skyward. I am socked in through the weekend with orders right now. No sh.. :B
                Thanks again man, I will build you a beauty! :-)
                Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Thanks you,Lex. Glad to see the shop is busy. I am looking forward to replacing my yukkk digital cable with the Thundercat. You can be sure I'll post a review of it at the other sites if they let me. I'll also post a review here.
                  Best,
                  George

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"