• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Million dollar Speakers!

Check this out:

The Grand Enigma System - one of the largest and most exclusive high-end consumer loudspeakers ever made.

This 12 ton system is fully active with 30kW of amplification, equipped with 24 ultrahigh efficiency planar-magnetic HF-units, 24 15-inch LF drivers and 48 6-inch MF drivers. Placed in a specially prepared subterranean listening room of 45,000 cubic feet, it presents sound with incredible dynamics and limitless power, easily reproducing live concert levels at a distance of 10 meters.

Okay, Thomas, how can you save us some money for us DIYer's.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yeah i looked at these but I couldn't fit it up 3 flights of stairs so I had to settle for the maggies instead

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Andrew, you just couldn't find enough help to lugg those up the stairs

What kinda sound stage do you think they have? :B LOL

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Robbie
        • Aug 2000

I bet these have as much soundstage as I have living room.. he he he

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I just wish they came a little larger.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Hmmm... my wife is away this week, I wonder if I could get these things delivered by the end of the week, and I wonder if she'll notice when she gets back??

Of course, I'll have to find matching center and surrounds... I wonder if the center channel will fit on top of my RPTV?

"Honey, I don't remember the speakers being so big." "They've always been this big, dear. Oh, by the way, is it ok with you if I install a nuclear power plant in the back yard? It can double as a swimming pool heater, you know... "

KJP

P.S. Of course, I'd have to increase my credit line by $999,500...

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
            My HT Site

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

These make my Boston Acoustic Micros look like dust mites.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Wireless
                • Feb 2001

Let's see, if I knock out the apartment walls, get all of the neighbors to move to the next building, and get rid of all of my furniture....yeah that's the ticket, I can just squeeze them in. Now, which pre/pro to go with them?

John
                My HT Picts
                John
                My HT Picts

Comment

• Lexman
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2000

Ahhh yes, the Grand Inemas. lol. I think if I paid a cool mil for a pair of speakers, it could feel like an inema!

It's difficult to fathom this price tag on these speakers. But I do know one thing, the pre pro to amp needs CAT Cables, ROFL.

Thomas, I personally challenge you to make this your next KLONE project, :B I think you need at least 18 enclosures, lol.

The only other question I have is this. If the speakers were located in a Washington mansion, where is the sweet spot, the "district of Columbia"? lol.

Lex

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"