X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidY
    • Aug 2000

Tympani Acoustic speakers?

Has anyone auditioned speakers from Tympani Acoustics? I am curious about this new upstart Canadian speaker manufacturer. I read about this company from visiting the Audioshop website under "New Stuff" http://www.audioshop.on.ca

Based on what I have seen at the website, they appear to be very price oriented. For example, a 15 inch sub (with 350W amp) on sale for CDN$650 (~US$430). List is CDN$1100 (~US$725). That's by far the cheapest 15 inch sub that I have come across. Now, do you get what you pay for or is it a loss leader in order to get some exposure?!?! One thing that has me questioning this sub is it's dimensions....something like 17"x16"x16"....how can you put a 15 inch driver in an enclosure this small? Wouldn't the least dimension be at least a couple inches larger than the driver size (to account for the enclosure material thicknessx2)?

Does anyone from Ottawa or elsewhere have some free time to take a look and/or a demo? If so, please post any experiences with this company's products. Thanks.

Dave
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

hmm while it might be possible to get a 15" driver in that box without major amplification to over come the ineffiecencys it wouldn't sound very good. Given the price its selling at I don't know how they're able to give it the kind of power it would need (like the little sunfire's) and keep it at that price. I'd love to see some reviews of their speakers though

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"