X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skids929
    • Feb 2006

Pawn Shop

Hello everyone! I am new here and excited I found this site. I have a question right out of the gate for everyone.

I have some audio equipment I would like to post on the Pawn Shop that I think people here would be interested in. I see that you have to have a certain amoutn of posts or time put in in order to do that. I also noticed you can get approval if you e-mail the administrator. Just wondering if you guys could point in the right direction as to who I should contact.

I have stellar feedback over the last four years on Audiogon.com, so I could use this as a refence, I also have Ebay feedback all positive.

I am ok with waiting, but wanted to try to post sooner than later if possible. I am selling some very nice Rotel pieces that are in flawless shape, a RDV1080 and RB-985 mkII. I am mostly a two channel listenter and I am finding I don't use the two components at all, so I am looking for a good home for them.

Thanks for the help!
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Talk to Doug on here (Lex).

-Dan
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• tec333
      • Jan 2006

skids,

i am on the same boat. i am also new here, and came saw the rules of the pawn shop. let me know what you find out.

tec

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Guys, I am going to have to stick with the rules for new members, that is why we established rules, and if I start making exceptions for everyone,l then the rules are effectively over.

I will evaluate what are current criteria are with Kevin, but that's the only commitment I am going to make on the Pawn Shop. Frankly, we really aren't in the used equipment business anyway, so this is not a bit thing unless some folks want to start paying HTG commission.

I wish everyone luck with their equipment sales, but in the future, I am going to live by the rules we establish with the exception of hardship considerations.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

The current criteria is, you have to be registered for at least 30 days and have at least 12 posts.

Tec333 meets the post criteria, and since he joined on 1/31, he should be able to post in Pawn Shop starting around March 3rd.

Skids929 has about a month and 11 more posts to go.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Thanks Kevin. I really think that is reasonable. We want people to be members, not just post ads and walk. Also, I do not have time to be making exceptions every other day for people, so I am going to say, we stick with 30 days and 12 posts.

It is reasonable. We may wish to check our verbage wherever we have it posted and make sure we don't say Sr. Member status Kevin.
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

I changed the "senior members" references in this thread for you. You should review that thread to make sure it still fits your current criteria.

Comment

• tec333
                • Jan 2006

Thanks go out to the admins!

I read the rules a while back and I think that is where I got confused. I ran into something stating the pawn shop is for senior members only. Thanks for the clarification.

I don't think we were looking to bypass or be excepted from this rule, just needed clarification.

This is a great site, and I do understand the problems running the pawn shop. Especially with (new) members (possibly dealers) selling new equipment.

You have created a great online community and the pawn shop is a great place for members to buy/sell/trade equipment. Much better than going thru Audiogon/Ebay since you are not dealing with complete strangers.

Tec

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"