X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

AC-3, The Latest & Greatest???????

I was just reading an article in the newest edition of Home Theater magazine - September 2005. No, I don't subscribe to this rag. It's a replacement for another mag that I did subscribe to that folded.

It has an article about the HT/audio systems that Simeon Rice (Tampa Bay Buccaneer's defensive lineman) had installed in his condo. The author, Amy Carter, states that the installer
    designed Rice's theater with Dolby Digital AC-3 surround sound in mind. According to Miller, AC-3 is the newest, most state-of-the-art technology in multi-channel surround sound.
    What? Newest? AC-3 has been around since the inception of discrete multi-channel surround. I checked, and it was introduced in 1992 according to this article on the Dolby web-site. Are Ms. Carter - a writer for a major H/T magazine, and Mr. Miller - a professional installer/designer so unfamiliar with the technology that they didn't know this? What about the editors at Home Theater magazine?

Very odd. :scratchhead:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • ToddAnisman
    • Apr 2005

He He....

I was encoding AC3 streams for Laser discs in 1996....first home use of ac3.

They are 10 years behind!!!!! Wha a joke.

-Todd A

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by David Meek
      It has an article about the HT/audio systems that Simeon Rice (Tampa Bay Buccaneer's defensive lineman) had installed in his condo. The author, Amy Carter, states that the installer......
      I think he's had a too many concussions
      Last edited by ht_addict; 07 August 2005, 09:46 Sunday.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ht_addict
        I think he's had a too few many concussions
        Kevin, if you're talking about Simeon Rice, he GIVES concussions.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"