Talk about a TRUE home theater in a box!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Talk about a TRUE home theater in a box!!!!

Hey, I just came across this article today:

Wow, this looks pretty interesting. Now THAT'S a true home theater in a box! You've got a DVD player, receiver, speaker, subwoofer, and projector all in one. So all you do is open it up and throw the picture on the wall. (note: don't throw the unit, that doesn't work so well)

I'll have to check this thing out. I have no doubt that there are SEVERE limitations with sound and picture (it's only 480p) but for an item like this design at only $1300, really, how much more do you want?

You know, this definitely isn't a permanent solution for someone wanting set up a quality system in their home. But you know what? I travel a LOT. Right now my travelling "theater" is a 15.4" laptop with audiophile earplugs. I can see my flying to wherever in the country, then whipping out the "instant theater" and throwing the picture on my hotel room wall, tent wall, barracks wall, or wherever I happen to be for a 'flick with the boyz.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

If it works out and all the features are up to par it could be the "boom box" of home theatre. Talk about all in one convenience.

And of course if the quality is acceptable then it may be just the thing for you and your buddies. :^x
    Last edited by Patt; 26 May 2005, 08:59 Thursday.
    ......Pat

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Anything that furthers the great front projection cause is okay in my book.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"