• steve Long
    • Jan 2005

Proceed

Is Proceed still in business?
    I can't find them.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I beleive they're now part of Harmon International as HI bought Madrigal around the early 90's which owned the Proceed name.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Andrew is part correct. Proceed was part of Madrigal Audio, which was aquired by Harman International. Harman made a decision to pull Madrigal Audio into the same plant as Lexicon, also part of the Harman Group now. Madrigal apreviously had Proceed, Levinson, and a couple more.

Proceed was phased into Mark Levinson basically. The technologies Proceed had became part of Levinson, and some products went away, among them the HPA series of amplifiers. A real shame really, coming from a 2 time Proceed amp customer. I feel a bit like I own a couple of Oldsmobiles.

Actually, the amp technology went the other direction. Proceed was an offshoot of Levinson amp construction. Some things were the same as Levinson on a Proceed.

So to answer your question, there's stll Proceed equipment on the used market. But don't count on parts and service availability for all things. So, buyer beware.

I've kept my HPA-2, and AMP5. I am hoping they will be workhorses and go for 20 years. Actually, my Proceed HPA-2 is not being used currently. Its a high quality backup for my Levinson 336

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"