X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

Your Christmas presents...

Merry Christmas to all...
    I am assuming that alot of you audio lovers received something audio related for Christmas.Me...Santa left me a Paradigm servo-15...how he go it down the chimney I'll never know.Fortunately,I have no neighbors nearby,so I will be giving it a good workout later.
    Anyone else receive audio goodies?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

For me? High Definition TiVo, which I've been using about a month now, and a Cambridge Soundworks high end alarm clock with built in subwoofer, lol. RDS info from radio, CD slot loader, dual alarms. This is a really nice piece for less than 300 bucks. The digital readout looks like it's on the highest end components you could buy. It's that sharp looking.

Ok, so I have to buy my own presents, so what?

Oh yeah, my daughter is getting a 27" Westinghouse LCD widescreen HD compatible TV!!! Awesome! (I'm a good Santa huh? )
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

No HT-related gifts this year for me. Those are waiting until we move south and build a house. Instead, I got a new digital camera. I'll have to post more in the Photography forum later on.

Merry Christmas to everyone here at the Guide!

Comment

• bimmer528
        • Sep 2004

picked up a rmb 1075 (silver) and the monster power 3500 silver face.

Picked up the monster for couple houndred bucks until I could afford thier power stabilizer and a better conditioner unit. Just needed something to protect my equipment for now.

and some Cardas Crosslink, rca.. Going to do some soldering on my days off :P

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

A servo-15,big ol power amp and a power conditioner, wow. No wonder Santa didn't have any more room in his bag for my stuff. j/k lol. Actually got a $100 gift card for Bust Buy. Oh, and the Lord of the Rings ROTK 4 disc set.
          Lex. Way-to-go A $300 High end alarm clock. I've been using a piese of crap thing my mother-in-law bought me for XMAS 10 years ago. If it cost more than 8 bucks I'd be suprised.

Comment

• Kemp
            • Nov 2003

Well I got a Boston PV900 sub.
            Marius

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

Just the usual socks/underwear and chocolates. I'm more a giver than a receiver :smackbutt: Not to mention what I want no one would buy me, so I buy for myself. For the last couple years Christmas has come anywhere from Sept-Nov. This year Santa ht_addict got himself a,

Pioneer 56TXi as Pre/Pro:

Monster HTPS 7000:

Monster AVS2000:

Santa thought I was a good boy this year

ht_addict

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

An X-Box with extra controllers for 4-person play, and Halo 2.

DVD's:
                Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King Platinum EE Gift Set (w/Minas Tirith statue)
                Collateral
                Bourne Supremacy

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• spiffnme
                  • Apr 2003

I bought myself a Rotel RB-1050, and am on the prowl for a RC-1070 to go with it. (Though I just came across a nice RA-1062 I may grab instead of the combo...if you have any thoughts on this, please post them on the thread I started on the Club Rotel board)

Comment

• Azeke
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2003

I received the Delphi SKIYFi2 for XM Radio, and a gift certificate for service. So far so good, I am still toying with this equipment, here are some of it's basic features:

1) pause and playback for 30 minutes.
                    2) fm modulation
                    3) 130 channels
                    4) no commericals on music

Of all the presents I received this one excited me the most, I guess good things can come in small packages.

Happy Holidays,

Azeke

Comment

• JonMarsh
                      Mad Max Moderator
                      • Aug 2000

Well, as expected, Santa was mostly loading me up with new loudspeaker drivers for projects.

1) Two Millenium Excel Tweeters

2) Two ScanSpeak 6000-01 tweeters

3) Four Seas 27TDFC tweeters

4) 16 Fountek JP2 Ribbon tweeters (can you spell, line arrays?)

5) 8 Extremis 6 midwoofers (due to hit the dock any day)

6) PE piano black 1 cu ft enclosures, and cherry 1 cu ft enclosures

and something more like a true equipment present to myself, a relatively inexpensive little DVD player with DivX playback, Faroudja de-interlacing, and upscaling on DVI output, plus some other features- also shipped, but "not on the docK" yet. Who says Christmas is over?

Also expecting some Atlas 12's from Chad....

Oh, and I shouldn't forget the DeWalt 621 Router, or DW759 cordless half inch drill, either! Tools are toys, right?

And "Pacific Fighters" from my daughter...

it almost embarassing how good this year has been!

~Jon
                      the AudioWorx
                      Natalie P
                      M8ta
                      Modula Neo DCC
                      Modula MT XE
                      Modula Xtreme
                      Isiris
                      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                      Minerva Monitor
                      Calliope
                      Ardent D

In Development...
                      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                      Obi-Wan
                      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                      Modula PWB
                      Calliope CC Supreme
                      Natalie P Ultra
                      Natalie P Supreme
                      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Wow Jon. Impressive.

David, your lucky, Xbox and PSII were extremely hard to find this year unless you shopped really early it seemed...

Lex
                        Doug

Comment

• David Meek
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lex
                          David, your lucky, Xbox and PSII were extremely hard to find this year unless you shopped really early it seemed...
                          Wow, I wasn't aware. Of course, I've got lots of questions to ask now - over in Electronic Devices, that is.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2001

The wife and I have been married for 49 years and there is just nothing left to give each other except ourselves. We have an allowance and she buys what she wants and I have been saving mine for what I want ( to replace the old Sony VPL 400 projector in my HT). I love the NEC HT1000 dlp and I want to get a companion for it that is more up to date and with higher res than the old Sony. Will probably make a decision after I see what's new in projectors after the big show in January.
                            My Homepage!

Comment

• Bent
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2003

George, how has the old 400 been working?
                              have you had it in for polarizer plates or prism blocks?

Comment

• H.Donald
                                • Aug 2004

The good thing about shopping for yourself, is of course you get just what you want.
                                I would think it would be difficult for any of our S.0.s to buy us something that we really wanted...a/v wise.
                                It seems Christmas came on several days this year for many of us...life is gooood!

Comment

• Jeff Aguilar
                                  • Jun 2001

This year Santa brought me a pair of 100 watt tube mono block amps! I am really enjoying them. The tubes they use in each mono block are: Tubes: (1)12AX7, (2)EL-34’s, (4) KT-88’s, (1) WY1 rectifier, (1) 6E2 eye tube. They are from Tube Audio Design. That is the place I purchased my last tube integrade and then a tube preamp. Now I am replacing the tube integrade with true mono block amps. Going from 30 watts to 100 watts was a great improvement for my Martin Logan speakers.

I also got a really cool new cell phone. The Motorola RAZV V3 phone!

My wife got all 11 Jerry Lewis movies, a 47 bottle wine cooler, a really cool coffee pot, oh and a house cleaner for 3 months.

So, it was pretty good Christmas this year.

Jeff Aguilar
                                  Last edited by Jeff Aguilar; 31 December 2004, 19:04 Friday.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Bent
                                    George, how has the old 400 been working?
                                    have you had it in for polarizer plates or prism blocks?
                                    Ben, I replaced a blue polariser plate about 3 years ago and there is one due to be replaced again. My son is a Sony tech and will be buying the old 400 from me and he will have no trouble replacing the polariser plate. This seems to have to be done after every lamp change.
                                    My Homepage!

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Jeff Aguilar
                                      This year Santa brought me a pair of 100 watt tube mono block amps! I am really enjoying them. The tubes they use in each mono block are: Tubes: (1)12AX7, (2)EL-34’s, (4) KT-88’s, (1) WY1 rectifier, (1) 6E2 eye tube. They are from Tube Audio Design. That is the place I purchased my last tube integrade and then a tube preamp. Now I am replacing the tube integrade with true mono block amps. Going from 30 watts to 100 watts was a great improvement for my Martin Logan speakers.
                                      hmm.. This got me thinking... is there a way for me to hook up my old (1974) marshall jmp super bass (I believe I put EL-34's in it w/ 12AX7 pre)? or the mesa boogie dual rectifier (6L6's)? I wonder how that would sound...
                                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• John G
                                        • Jan 2004

I've had my eye on these for a couple years and the opportunity came up to snatch them for a good price before Christmas. It's nice to have a true 5.1 system.

Last edited by John G; 02 January 2005, 22:54 Sunday.

Comment

• Lex
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Apr 2001

Tisk, I almost forgot, one of my favorite gifts this year was the Spiderman II DVD intro poster that my daughter got me. It's full theatrical size, but of course is for DVD Video sales/rental purposes at video stores. I've already framed it. I already knew my daughter was going to try and snatch it for me, but I didn't know she would pull it off this soon. So, now, I have Terminator III, Matrix Revolutions, Kill Bill II, and Spiderman II. It's sort of strange I guess that none are first movie posters. But that's ok, it's really cooled up my great room, and made it more theater like. Ouch on those frame prices though. I've got 80.00 in 4 frames.
                                          Doug

Comment

• David Meek
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Aug 2000

That's sweet John! Are they Adire's? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Lex, how 'bout some pictures? Are these the movie marquee posters with DVD info at the bottom, or what?

Comment

• John G
                                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by David Meek
                                              That's sweet John! Are they Adire's? Inquiring minds wanna know.
                                              They're ATC Concept One. I've been using SCM-7's in my main two channel system for 3 years and really like them. The Concept One multichannel system is based on that speaker.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.atc.gb.net/.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy were mastered using ATC speakers.
                                              Last edited by John G; 28 December 2004, 12:38 Tuesday.

Comment

• aud19
                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Aug 2003

Jazz and I got a nice Fuji S5100!!

I also got some nice crystal decanters for my scotch from Jazz for our anniversary. That and some new DVD-A's were probably my fav's but I also recieved a nice creeper for car work and a cool laser level :B
                                                Jason

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"