X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IntegrateMe
    • May 2004

I finally have a question!

Well, as someone who has lurked here since I bought my RSX-1065 in July 2002, I think I finally have a legitmate issue to pose!

Ok here goes; I inherited a Lexicon MC-1 in a programming job (version 4.10) and I'm considering doing the following:

1. Selling the Rotel RSX-1065 and grabbing a RMB-1095 and using the MC-1 for now. Eventually (My wife is having a baby in a month or so) I'll grab a 1099(?) or Anthem D1 or Integra Research RDC-7.1 or whatever.

2. Selling the Lexicon and the 1065 and getting a 1075/Anthem AVM-30 or 1068 combo.

What do you guys think?

I have Paradigm Signature S4 fronts, Studio 20 rears, a Studio 570 center and an old moderately crappy sub.

I will be buying the Denon 3910 as a universal though!!

Thanks!

Barry
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've moved this into the HT area so that you'll get a wider variety of replies.

The MC1 is a very nice HT processor and would be my choice if HT is your game and you aren't interested in DVD-A or SACD. If either of those is important you might want to consider selling it and looking at a unit that has analog 5.1 inputs.

Instead of the 1095 amp I'd suggest a 1075/1080 combo which will cost the same but give you more options down the line for speaker options etc.

Good luck with the baby:T

Comment

• Jeff Kowerchuk
      • Sep 2000

With such a heavy investment in Paradigm equipment, especially the S4s, the Anthem is the obvious choice. Anthem is the electronics "wing" of Paradigm - you can be darn sure they are using Paradigm speakers in the design phase.

The AVM-30 is a killer product, and available at quite a good price right now (the 30 is cheaper than the 20 it replaces, yet is identical). The price will go up later this year when Anthem adds HDMI/Firewire and video upconversion.

The D1 is an incredible product. Head over to Secrets to read their review. It is essentially a tweaked out AVM-30, but the sonic results are astounding. The preamp as a component completely disappears.

Definitely audition the Anthem, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"