X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlspi
    • Jun 2004

Which dvd player?

Need help.

I have an yamaha RXV-3000,B&W 604(front), B&W 602(rears),B&W LCR 600(center),Velodyne HGS15, And Mitsibishi 65813 RPTV

Looking to get a progressive scane DVD player and not sure which one, have narrowed it down to Yamaha S2300, Denon 2900, or the Rotel RDV-1060.

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks curt
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Hey Curtis... welcome to the guide.

HGS15 :T I like... I like... yes indeed.

I have a 2900 playing on a Studio Experience 2HD with a 97" screen. I think it does a marvelous job. I'm not that critical though. I just went by what most other folks were saying and the benchmark testing. I may be putting too much faith and trust in others but my eyes are not videophilish enough.

Not sure about the Rotel but the S2300 scored 84 and the 2900 scored 90 over at Secrets/DVD Benchmark.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Looking at those latest Shootout results (and being a Yamaha fan) I like this from the section on the S2300:
      In general this is a very good player from a video standpoint, though the chroma delay is disappointing. The flaws, however, are relatively minor, and for the most part this is equivalent in video quality to the Panasonic RP-82, which is one of the best players we've seen. Certainly this player is head and shoulders better than any of the other universal players we've looked at.
      Curt, it's nice to welcome another Yamaha (RX-V1) and Velodyne (FSR-15) owner to the forum! :later:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
        • Jan 2002

Audioholics has a couple of lengthy in depth reviews of the 2900 and the 2300. Still no review of the Rotel though.

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

I like the Sony DVP-CX777ES changer, with its RS232 port hooked to your computer it can do things that no other for this price can, and it will change the way you watch movies and listen to music. Plays everything but DVD-A, but has slow layer change (none are perfect).

Screen shot of the computer interface with DVD Lobby.
          Attached Files
          My Center Channel Project

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"