X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suarez
    • Jan 2003

maybe, u dont believe it

hi there over there,

i kicked my HECO Mythos 500 4X set and the Mythos Center.
    i tested a lot booskshelfs and other smalls with maximum 350$ per unit.

now i have nearfield monitors. 6 fostex nf-1 passiv hooked up at my 1055.
    paid 1620€ for 3 pairs.

the 6. one ist waiting for the german klein & hummel E120 mono amplifer. pdf produkt link in german
    i will (soon or later) sell this unit, cause i will change it for an Alesis RA 300. best monitoring amp for nearfield monitoring. better than all the rotel stuff i heared, cause the amp is a "ionlyampthesignalandnothingelse"

was very disappointed about my former favourited klipsch RB35 set. compared with the fostex, they are in uncoordinated circumstances playing sound in some way. the klipsch set was the best i heared for the money before. then, a mate brought me to the recording stuff. uuuHHH.
    the more power, the more acuity, all this is more my world of feeling sound.

in the hifi studios, i got a pack of lies. only when u compare the thickness of the loudspeakers enclosure u can see, how important marketing is, the pure list of technical metrics are fishy. the dynaudio 42 had the best sound, but they dont like much power. u dont know what iam talking about? open a klipsch RB and look inside. HAR HAR. its a very good "industrial made" speaker, very very good sound. but,, will u pay the price, when u looked inside of this unit?
    next size, u have to pay twice price here in germany. very funny marketing.

dont believe me at all, test it! open the speakers!!! look inside, like u are bying a new car.!
    i made the step. for ME in the right way.

suarez the griper
    Last edited by suarez; 06 May 2004, 22:38 Thursday. Reason: wrote a lot of schrott. :)
    sind sie ein eichenmann?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Suarez, congratulations on the new speakers! ;x( It's all about the listening isn't it? Something that has good specs/good marketing doesn't necessarily sound good in the real world.

Is that driver surface WRINKLED?!?!?!?! Or, is that just coloration on the surface of the cone?

Do you do all your listening in a nearfield set up?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• suarez
      • Jan 2003

hi,

its not colured, the surface of the cone is wrinkled in the way you see.
      only a few of us are using nearfields i think. but its not bad.

cya
      suarez
      sind sie ein eichenmann?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"