X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

Anything like a Denon 2200 in a 5 disc changer

Anything like this out there or, on the horizon maybe ? Top shelf video, DVD-A and SACD all in a 5 disc changer... Yeahhhhh that's what i want. I'd like to keep it under $1,000.00 Thanks gang. BTW, just updated a couple pic's in the gallery to include my new tv,sub,cinema seats,etc..

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Hmmm, interesting request, not sure I've seen one of those.

Is that really Chip? How the hell are you man? Good to see you back around here.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Actually, I've wondered this myself. The ONLY thing I can find right now, is DVD Etc lists in their Jan/Feb 2004 issue of the DVD Player Guide a "DVD-C940" from Yamaha as a 5-disc changer that plays DVD-A/V and SACD. I haven't checked Yamaha's website to verify this, but so far it's the ONLY unit I've ever heard mentioned that's a mulit-disc player with universal capabilities.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Chris, that DVD-C940 isn't on Yamaha's US site yet. :? Sounds awfully interesting though.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chip
          • Aug 2001

Originally posted by Lex
          Hmmm, interesting request, not sure I've seen one of those.

Is that really Chip? How the hell are you man? Good to see you back around here.

Lex

Hi Lex! Tis I.. hahaha.. Thanks, it's good to be here at HTG. I've been busy as all get out.. Haven't posted alot anywhere on the net that much lately. One of things i'm involved with right now is a large scale fix with B&K,Scientific Atlanta and my cable provider-Comcast. I've had some serious AV sync issues with my SA3100HD cable box running through my Ref50 for about six months now. Kudo's to B&K tech's George & Jerry for their involvement. Anyway... real good to be here!

I think i heard some rumblings around cyber space about Denon maybe coming up with something in a changer as well. I said $1000.00 but cheaper works too

Lex, don't think i haven't been following your new Samsung DVD player.. it looks like a monster piece

Chip Engle

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
          Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Yup, I got on the Yamaha website last night. DVD Etc lists several players that don't exist, which I think can be attributed to both simple errors and information about players that are about to come out.

So yes, I think very soon we will likely see universal multi-disc players from Yamaha and Denon, with others to possibly follow.

CHRIS
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Trash
              • Sep 2003

I've seen and played the Yamaha DVD-C940 in a local store and it is only designed to play DVDs (not DVD-A) and SACD. This is a 2003 model, so mayber they're adding capability for 2004. Then again maybe it's just a typo. I too would like to see a true universal platter type player.

As a side note, I had a chance to play with the 740, 2300 and CX-1 models back to back for brief disk testing (+R/RW format compatiblity). The 740 is similar to the 940 in that it is a platter and DVD/SACD cabability. The 2300 is a single tray universal while the CX-1 is again a platter BUT does DVD-A and NOT SACD. Why couldn't they just make the CX-1 a flagship platter universal? It would have made my purchasing decisions a whole lot easier

Comment

• Chip
                • Aug 2001

What i'd really like to do, to grab some rack space back, is get a DVD changer that plays redbook as good as my SCD-C555ES does through analog connection, and does DVD-A & SACD, along of course with top notch video. I could sell 3 pieces of gear that way. The 9K,RP91 and the triple 5. Although, using a digital connection through my Ref50 wouldn't be the end of the world if a player had everthing else i wanted, but the DAC's weren't great via analog. I figure it's time for something like this to appear without costing an arm and a leg.. Ideally, $800.00 or less for everything i'd like, would be good.

Chip Engle

Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Chip... I hear you man... separates can be good, but sometimes you just need to consolidate features and capabilities. I like universal players.

Trash, are you sure you saw the Yamaha 940? From the looks of the website, it seems that the 920 is the current model that is similar, but not a universal. That lead me to believe that the 940 may be a new model about to be released, with universal capabilities.

CHRIS
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"