X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

ADS Tech HDUP-1500 HDTV Upconverter

I don't know squat about scalers and doublers but this looks like it might could do some good, especially with cable and satellite sources. Price sounds very reasonable at ~$600. Expected release date in September 2003.

Is it possible?

Enhance your Home Theatre Experience
    Maximize your HDTV investment by displaying all video sources in HDTV quality. The HDTV UpConverter will automatically convert your standard definition video signals into 1080i, HDTV quality for a perfect viewing experience. Display video from DVD Players, VCR’s, Satellite TV, Cable TV, Game Consoles or any video source in the highest resolution your HDTV was designed to deliver.

Cinema Quality Video from Any Source
    The ADS Tech HDTV UpConverter provides superior resolution conversion and image enhancement of standard definition TV and video signals (480i or 480p) into HDTV resolutions of 480p, 720p or 1080i to provide you with Cinema quality video for an exhilarating home theatre experience.

CinemaView™ Video Scan Conversion Technology from ADS Tech
    *Pixel based motion adaptive de-interlacing provides the best image quality from interlaced video sources.
    *Inverse 2:2/3:2 film processing provides “cinema-like” progressive scan images from film originated content like DVD movies and many TV shows.
    *Film mode detectors and filtering ensure smooth, artifact-free de-interlacing as the characteristics of video content changes.

Here's the full info link: http://www.adstech.com/products/HDUP...TVUP1500br.pdf

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Could be an interseting piece for those with CRT FPTV, or RPTV, and without an HTPC. Wonder how the upscaling compares with most digital projectors? HTPC at 1280X720 on DVD looks better than many projectors taking in native 480P, so who knows?

Any reviews?

~Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
      • Jan 2002

No reviews that I can find... I did search but it seems the the company has not sent out any prototypes or beta versions for reviewing. It's my understanding that the unit was delayed due to a delay in chip production.

DVDO's iScan Ultra upconverts to 480p. Still not bad at Internet prices of around $700. Reviews of it are very good.

At least we are seeing more upconverting to 1080i and at reasonable pricing. Bravo has their DVD player at $199 and Samsung has their DVD player that outputs 720p and 1080i through DVI using Faroudja Lab technologies. (Model DVD-HD931 - MSRP $399 with Internet prices starting at $249).

I'm sure there will more to follow.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"