X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexandrefontes
    • Sep 2013

Connection between Receiver and external pre-amp

Hi, i need some help.
    In order to get Home Cinema sound i´m trying to connect my receiver (Rotel RSX-1057) to my stereo set up (Audiolab 8200 CDQ (Pre-amp)/Audiolab 8200 P (Power)). On the Rotel i´m using the Pre-out (Front Left and Front Right), and on the Audiolab Pre-amp i´m using the Video Input with the Home Theather Mode enabled, but the only signal that i get is from the central speaker, surround speakers and the subwoofer.
    Oh, The Audiolab´s are driving the front speakers, obviously. Surely i´m missing something, please someone help.

Regards.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

The Rotel can do all the amplification for your home theater??. Why are you using the other equipment for this purpose?. Is it because your Audiolab has better power and performance?.

Are you trying to use the Audiolab to drive only for right and left speakers?.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

The Rotel can do all the amplification for your home theater??. Why are you using the other equipment for this purpose?. Is it because your Audiolab has better power and performance?.

Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I could find anything in the CDQ manual about home theater mode. I'm assuming that puts the CDQ to the video input with no volume control? Make sure you are using the L/R pre-OUTS on the Rotel, not the L/R multi-inputs (guilty before here)

Kevin D.

Comment

• alexandrefontes
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Kevin D
          I could find anything in the CDQ manual about home theater mode. I'm assuming that puts the CDQ to the video input with no volume control? Make sure you are using the L/R pre-OUTS on the Rotel, not the L/R multi-inputs (guilty before here)

Kevin D.
          Hi Kevin.
          Yes the CDQ is in the Video input with the Home Theater Option enabled, with fixed gain/volume control (it has a trimming option).
          I´m also using the pre-outs FL/FR on the Rotel, i don´t know what to do next...

Comment

• alexandrefontes
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by madmac

Hi madmac.
            I´m using the audiolab´s for stereo use, because they are far better for that than the Rotel.
            Like i said in the initial post, The Audiolab´s are driving (only) the front speakers.
            Because the Rotel has pre-outs, and the Audiolab 8200 CDQ has a Home Theather mode, i was trying to "put them together".
            I´m only getting signal from the central speaker, surround speakers and subwoofer.

:cry:

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Can you plug the front outputs from the Rotel directly into the 8200 to rule out the outputs?

Kevin D.

Comment

• alexandrefontes
                • Sep 2013

You mean, connect directly the Rotel outputs to the power (8200P)?

Originally posted by Kevin D
                Can you plug the front outputs from the Rotel directly into the 8200 to rule out the outputs?

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"