X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agilners
    • Aug 2011

Please advise on B&W

Hi Im looking in to HT system B&W 803diamond or 804Diamond series and to run it ARCAM AVR400.I was thinking to go with 804diamond at first and get RELT9 sub but now im thinking to get 803Diamond and skip on sub at all and later on purchase HTM4 diamond center .
    Please advise on if arcam would be good choice for 803 diamond if not what would be de best quality sound and power.I rent in small house space about 10X10 but in future might be bigger so I dont want to go with 804 diamond and regret later since I want to purchase good pair of speakers and not to upgrade for a very long time.

Thank you for all your help.
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Welcome to the forum!

If you are going HT and not music, I think you will be happier with the 804 and sub, then the 803 and no sub. But if HT is what you are after, maybe you should reconsider on 800 series all together. The 800 series are fantastic speakers (don't get me wrong), but I think what it brings to the table for HT over less expensive models might not be worth the price.

Additionally, the Arcam AV400 (which is a nice reciever) is not going to be at the same level as the speakers. Most will avoid HT recievers when they move up to the 800 series speakers. All 800 speakers benefit from a good quality amp/pre-amp combo. Thats not to say that it cannot be done, but if you want to most out of your speakers an HT receiver is probably not a good choice.

But, please tell us more about your plans:

How big / what is the layout of your room?

What do you currently have?

What are your goals?

Do you listen to stereo music?
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• agilners
      • Aug 2011

Hi.My room is about 10X20 half of it is carpet flooring and other half hardwood it is kitchen living room combo (I rent and will be moving within next 2 years) and currently I dont have any speakers or amp.I very much enjoy listening to the music and watching a movies so I would like to have 2 in 1 system.

My plan is to go at first with pair of 803Diamond speakers run them with ARCAM AVR600, and later add MCINTOSH MC452 to it, also later get center B&W HTM4 diamond and 2 rear 805 Diamond speakers Sub would be B&W BTWCM12,I hope this setup will work good but please let me know what do you think on this?
      Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

• agilners
        • Aug 2011

I really like the sound of 803diamonds and as I understand the materials these guys are using to build them are very good so these speakers will last me for a very long time so I wont have to upgrade atleast thats the plan.Yess im listening alot of music often very loud. Im new in home theatre world but always wanted one a very good one that I can watch a movie and listen to music when I feel like it ...
        Thank you Again.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"