X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjm80
    • Feb 2011

Room treatment unnecessary just slouch

So I've just discovered in listening to my b&w 804d's that if I slouch in my seat so that my ears are below the top of the couch pretty much every aspect of the sound is improved. Soundstage is much more developed, treble and midrange clearer and bass richer and more authoritative. Due to the shape of my room i'm only a foot or so from the back wall and being a rental I can't hang anything.

I am truly amazed at the difference "hiding" from the rear reflections has made!

Try it
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Put some throw pillows on top of the couch so you don't have to slouch. Then you can enjoy better sound and comfortable sitting too!

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Yes, I've noticed that phenomenon as well. You can also raise your hands, cup them and hold them near and around your ears and see a similar change in sound. Geez.....us audiophiles eh??? We'll try any cockamaimy thing to get improved sound!!
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• technodanvan
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by madmac
        Yes, I've noticed that phenomenon as well. You can also raise your hands, cup them and hold them near and around your ears and see a similar change in sound. Geez.....us audiophiles eh??? We'll try any cockamaimy thing to get improved sound!!
        Hey, at least these methods are free!
        - Danny

Comment

• baniels
          • Nov 2006

These pillows work the best. Don't settle for less!
          •L&R Build•
          •Sub Build•

Comment

• Armbender
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by baniels
            These pillows work the best. Don't settle for less!
            OMG! almost fell off my couch...thats retarded!
            Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• cjm80
              • Feb 2011

I sense a business opportunity here - an audiophile hat with velvet lined "acoustic channels" hanging down around the ears, thus eliminating the need for room treatment. I'll probably make a few million out of this.

In all seriousness this has at least convinced me that without doubt the next thing I should be spending money on in my system is room treatmemt...

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

I'm just choosing to gain weight and make myself into a bass trap.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2010

@ Chris D........HILARIOUS !!! Hehehehe!!
                  Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"