X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cvinci
    • Mar 2005

New Mission

this site helped me tremendously when i set up my basement with ful 7.1 etc etc...new task: my brother convinced his wife to let me use the living room for a new 50" plasma by buying a cabinet that conseals it(powers up out/in)..so he wants to add surround sound to room for sports, movies etc but do it as stealthy as possible to keep the room resembling a living room.(the tv cabinet looks like a normal high end piece of furniture when not in use)..room is rectangular with tv cabinet at one short side..fireplace in middle..approx dimensions 12X22....couch will be approx middle of room facing tv cabinet perpendicular to fireplace....looking for suggestions for full setup with emphasis on keep room as living room not family room as possible...thank you all for your continued help...
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

For small, inconspicuous but nice sounding speakers, look at Orb Audio (I am, for surrounds) or the Gallo line at Round Sound.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• robert L
      • Jul 2008

did u think about in wall speakers for the surounds, just having a 8" round grill in the ceiling is nice, if it can be done of course, an attic above would help, or bose makes a 3 piece system that has no surrounds, or like dave said the little orbs r good

Comment

• cvinci
        • Mar 2005

In wall would definately be an option...the viewing area would be about half the size of the room so i guess putting in wall on the sides or in ceiling to the above would be okay. any recommendation on in wall?

Comment

• robert L
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cvinci
          In wall would definately be an option...the viewing area would be about half the size of the room so i guess putting in wall on the sides or in ceiling to the above would be okay. any recommendation on in wall?
          i could only recommend what i use for my 7.1 set up, which is b&w, i have a round 6" ccm65 for my rear sides and the larger 8" ccm80's for my rear backs(in the cieling) and can tell u they r awsome, which one would expect from b&w. I have seen in cieling speakers as front left center and right in many set ups as well, but never acually heard how it sounds that way instead of the typical floorstanders, .....good luck, Rob

Comment

• robert L
            • Jul 2008

oh forgot....how high is the cieling, that can be a factor if its 10' or higher

Comment

• cvinci
              • Mar 2005

ceiling is standard 8 feet..in my 7.1 i have vandersteen fronts, sides and use B&W for rears as well as my outsides..they are good..only chose vandersteen because liked the vocal clarity more then B&Ws..i am thinking he could go rears, sides in wall ie B&W..but then not sure on fronts..maybe could put in cabinet somehow the center and sides..with calibration should work okay

Comment

• cvinci
                • Mar 2005

He decided to try the yamaha ysp4000 sound bar..I saw it this weekend and have to say for him wanting as little setup, visibility, and small outlay it turned out to be a very good choice. I think he will add a sub but i viewed Dark Knight and have to say it was more than adequate. IPOD dock accessory is cool in that you can operate ipod from remote and see it on screen. Also has am/fm and is xm ready with a small home dock..in all a good choice for a secondary room(living room) wanting to keep things toned down..thanks for all input and advice...

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"