X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VulcanWolf
    • Sep 2008

My mis-matched HT speaker question

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and have a low budget HT setup that I woud like to improve. I have a Marantz SR-5001 receiver, Infinity Video 1 center channel, JBL 2500 front speakers, JBL Pro III surround and rear surround speakers, and an Infinity sub (can't get to it to look at the model number). The Pro III are all 4 ohm speakers and my receiver says only use 8 ohm speakers; do I know I'm going against manufacturers instructions. Tho Pro III's always sounded great with my old Kenwood 5.1 setup but I changed receivers. I'm not opposed to changing my fronts and all surrounds but I need to do it ecconomically. I also don't mind buying used stuff thats a couple years old. What should I do???

Pat
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I wouldn't use the 4 Ohm JBLs with that receiver, it's simply not worth it for speakers of that age group. Just my humble opinion. Purchase some speakers that are the same, so that you don't have timbre match issues. What's your speaker budget?

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"