Pictures of TV stands and comments needed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Changeling
    • Aug 2008

Pictures of TV stands and comments needed.

I was getting ready to buy a new TV, so I started investigating what was hot and what was on the horizon. I have heard (recent) arguments for LCD/Plasma/DLP.
    So I went to Best Buy/Circuit City/AV stores and took extended looks for myself.
    The following is how I feel about what I looked at in HD and standard definition that the majority of whats shown still is and from what I am told will be that way for some time, but I really don't know.
    DLP- I really liked the idea of this technology on all accounts except viewing (New models of Samsung 61" as of August 08). The overall picture was dark from the outskirts in towards the center. There just didn't seem to be an overall balance of brightness.

Plasma- Pictures were awesome in HD, OK in SD. Every salesman tried to talk me into LCD except guy at CC.

LCD- Pictures were great in HD (Samsung and Sony) OK in SD, everyone wanted to seel me a LCD.

I became confused and started looking on line for enlightenment, and found (lots of confusion), and information.
    However one thing became apparent, the LCD/Plasma/DLP technologies seem to have apparent breakthrough technology coming now and into 2009. With big price reductions coming before the holidays!

So I decided to just do it right and completely redecorate the whole room with the last thing being the TV.
    Sofa and love seat are ordered, new picture window in before winter I hope!

This finally leads into my "Subject" , I have old "POLK" speakers that are absolutely awesome (big, very big), the center channel speaker is 7"h x 11.5" d x 26" w.
    Between the two front Polk's I have about 7 to 8 feet to put a TV stand (thats the problem), 95% of the TV stands I have looked at, don't take the center channel speaker into consideration (I can't wall mount TV), in front of a 9' picture window. The center channel would take up all the room that the TV would need to sit on.

I really need to see some pictures of the setups you guys are using and any ideas you might have on a TV/CC type stand. Oh, I have a Marantz receiver (it stays), the DVD, and other things will be replaced at time of TV purchase.

The "stand" should be capable of holding a LDP/LCD/Plasma up to 70" at most, anything larger than that would overpower the room/observer, but space for the center channel speaker is a must type thing since it has been speaker tuned to compliment the L&R fronts.
    Hopefully I have explained the situation, if not, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Changeling
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"