X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Denon 3808, PS3, and DTS-MA

I just went through some system changes will finally have the ability to listen to my first DTS-MA movie (The Golden Compass). Can anyone tell me what settings I should use in the receiver and PS3 to make sure I get the DTS-MA track. Normally I wouldnt need to ask this question but its been a couple years since I had a Denon receiver and the menu system has gotten rather involved, not to mention th confusing nature of HDMI and HD audio in general.
  • Pez
    • May 2004

I guess I should be more specific:

What should the PS3 be set to, PCM or bitstream? I never really understood the diff between the two. I though I read somewhere that the way the PS3 transmit the info the 3803 display wont show DTS-MA but something else. If so how do I know I am getting the DTS-MA audio track?

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

The PS3 needs to be on PCM. Like all BD players, when it's set to PCM it does all of the decoding internally. If you set it to bitstream you will only get DD and dts since it will not bitstream Dolby TrueHD and dtsHD Master Audio.

When you select an audio track in the disc menu, just bring up the PS3's display and it will tell you what it is decoding.

Eric

Comment

• Pez
        • May 2004

Thanks Eric!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"