X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hirogen
    • Apr 2004

PS3 Output settings to Parasound C2

My PS3 is connected to my Parasound C2 via Optical Out. This works very well for the sound. However I wonder which audio output options I can safely select on the PS3, I see the following options;

1. DD5.1 ---> already selected and works
    2. DTS 5.1 ---> already selected and works
    3. AAC ---> not selected, not sure if I need/want this
    4. Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kHz ---> already selected and works
    5. Linear PCM 2 Ch. 88.2 kHz ---> not selected, will this work?
    6. Linear PCM 2 Ch. 176.4 kHz ---> not selected yet, should I?
    7. Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48 kHz ---> already selected and works

So my main concern is about options 3, 5 and 6 ... or to look at it in another way: does the C2 accept AAC and 2Ch. PCM 88.2 & 176.4 kHz audio?

I'm hesitant to just try these 3 because in a later overview screen a warning is displayed that wrong settings could damage your speakers.

Thanks for any help.
  • JustinGN
    • May 2009

From what I can find, the Processor supports DTS 96/24, though it decodes it to 48kHz instead of leaving it at 96kHz, so PCM 88.2 should be supported as well. However, 176.4 is probably out of the question, so I'd recommend avoiding it. When in doubt, use the auto-setup feature; Sony gets it right 80% of the time.

As for AAC, that feature is rare on AVRs and Processors. I haven't met or heard of anyone with the setting enabled on the PS3. Best to just leave it be and let the PS3 decode AAC audio tracks (iTunes and the like).

Comment

• Hirogen
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the info, just to be on the safe side I think I'll let everything like it's now. It works and my music collection in FLAC format sound good enough.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"