X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

In Cabinet Speakers

Faced with the problem of housing floorstanders in a custom built cabinet for HT(and suffering from a loss in sound quality), I started looking around for an alternative and came up with the following that are purpoes built to be placed inside a cabinet.

B&W are making the Custom Theatre 800( active speakers{ridiculously priced})
    PSB are making some
    and Phase Technology............the DARTS system.

Anyone had any experience with any of these and do you know of any others that might fit the bill?

The other alternative is to let my speakers stand in front of the cabinet(an option I am really not keen on).

Thanks,
    George.
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

I know how many people feel about EQing mains with parametric EQ's, WTS I have had great luck getting the sound the way I like it.That's all those systems are doing is EQing common boundry issues.

What you would do is measure the speaker out in room and plot some graphs.Then stick the speaker in the cabinet and EQ the graph to the inroom response.It won't be perfect, but it beats purchasing a whole new system.

Just my two cents..
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• stewfoo
      • Jul 2005

Well, I have phenomenal things about the Snell line of in-cabinet speakers. I have not personally heard them. But, my B&W dealer from california loved em. Forget about the CT series if you're not intending to spend $100k on speakers and crossovers(Classe). I have 803s and Htm3s and the center is in a cabinet. I used Auralex to reduce echo and flutter. It sounds great!
      These are old pics before my classe 2100 and cdp-300 :T
      Attached Files
      Stew

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"