X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullitt731
    • Aug 2005

Anyone Running Aerial Speakers In Their HT

Just sold a set of B&W Signature 805s and was all set to order the 804s when I stopped by a local AD which sells Aerial speakers. I was quite impressed and after reading some reviews consider these a worthy competitor to B&W at the level of speakers I am considering. I would welcom any opinions or actual owner insight to this brand. ;x(

Thanking you in advance, Ed
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'm running Aerial Acoustics 7Bs on Sound Anchor floorstands as my mains. Short version? They are some of the few pieces I own that I wouldn't consider upgrading. Outstanding sound, imaging, build-quality, etc - they push all the right sonic and aesthetic (mine are finished in Santos Rosewood) buttons for me.

P.S. Lex runs the SW-12 sub in his theater.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Jim Swantko
      • Sep 2006

Aerial 10T's here - and I agree... these are going to be with me for a VERY long time. Give them a real listen and you may find you like them better than your B&W's (I certainly do).

Comment

• bullitt731
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by David Meek
        I'm running Aerial Acoustics 7Bs on Sound Anchor floorstands as my mains. Short version? They are some of the few pieces I own that I wouldn't consider upgrading. Outstanding sound, imaging, build-quality, etc - they push all the right sonic and aesthetic (mine are finished in Santos Rosewood) buttons for me.

P.S. Lex runs the SW-12 sub in his theater.
        Thanks David, the 7Bs are the model I am looking at along with the B&W 804s for a new 5 channel HT system with the following electronics.

Rotel 1056 as processor until the new models come out
        Rotel 1077 digital amp
        Arcam 137 combi player

I would be very interested in a run down of your complete system including the other units you compared when you have a chance.

Thanks, Ed ;x(

Comment

• bullitt731
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jim Swantko
          Aerial 10T's here - and I agree... these are going to be with me for a VERY long time. Give them a real listen and you may find you like them better than your B&W's (I certainly do).
          Jim,

In what context do you think they are better than B&W (what models did you compare). Ed

Comment

• Jim Swantko
            • Sep 2006

To me the B&W's sounded a little flat compared to my Aerial's. In other words I feel like my 10T's did a better job at reproducing a 3-dimensional image. I also feel that with sufficient power (read a LOT) the Aerials can reveal a little more detail especially in the mid-range.

However keep in mind this was a completely different setup than mine - so maybe I should have used "different" rather than "better". However I do prefer the Aerial "sound".

I was listening to 802D's fed by Levinson. It was fantastic don't get me wrong... but I liked my $2400 used 10T's more than the 802D's... at least on that day - with the music I brought.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

$2,400????? 8O Jeez, what a deal!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Jim Swantko
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by David Meek
                $2,400????? 8O Jeez, what a deal!
                With the $800 bases! Flawless too!! :T

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"