X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

amp question?

Hey all

I am thinking about doing another smaller system in my office, has anyone heard Bel Canto, or Thule amps? also the Cary solid state amps, wondering if these are on the same level as Krell, Classe,levinson etc

thanks

Kurt
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I remember Kal saying he liked the Bel Canto, maybe he will chime in on your request.
    The only one on your list that I have heard is the Cary. But remember the synergy factor.
    What are you planning to pair your amp with?
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kurtholz
      I am thinking about doing another smaller system in my office, has anyone heard Bel Canto, or Thule amps? also the Cary solid state amps, wondering if these are on the same level as Krell, Classe,levinson etc
      I have some exposure with Bel Canto, namely their top end stuff. I also had the opportunity to audition a prototype source player and see some of their new wares at CES 2006. In short I will say of all the "digital" class amps that I have heard, which include Rotel and Jeff Rowland, I found Bel Canto's to be the most musical. They eventually ended up on my short list just before I took the Classe' plunge. Translation... I found them on competitive footing. :T
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• kurtholz
        • Feb 2005

thanks for the info, i think i will try one , the lure of a cheap amp that sounds good is getting to me

hmmmmm, did i say that

:-)

thanks

Kurt

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"