Who no longer has their Proceed AVP2 HT pre/pro?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

Who no longer has their Proceed AVP2 HT pre/pro?

I am looking forward to purchasing the Proceed AVP2. I've heard other Proceed equipment but never the AVP2.
    I've always liked what I've heard.

My question for those of you who had an AVP2 is why did you sell it? What was lacking compare to the model which replaced it?

I'm expecting the D/A converters in the AVP2 being close in quality to my Rotel RCD-1072 cd player. There's a substantial difference between my current pre/pro and the
    Rotel. I would like to elimiate that gap. Hopefully, better the Rotel.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
  • simonb68
    • Jan 2003

Jeff, I've recently bought an AVP2, to replace my Meridian 568.2. I wanted something with a record output so I could use my headphone amp. The AVP2 is generally regarded as one of the best processors available (excluding silly money) and I was quite pleased to get hold of it as they are quite rare.

On paper at least it should well exceed your RCD-1072, being the baby brother to the Mark Levinson No.40 Media Console. However I know that doesn't always necessarily mean a great deal, but I think in this case it does.

I thought I would miss Trifield, but the imaging and soundstaging with the AVP2 is extremely good. My system doesn't do it complete justice, but it beats the 568 in my opinion. I would say less clinical, but much more musical.

It's perhaps not the last word in surround decoding, but it's certainly no slouch, and musically it excels.

The person I bought it from was only selling reluctantly to raise some money.

Simon

Comment

• Jeff
      • Dec 2004

Simon, thanks for your reply. Your right, on paper it should beat my Rotel 1072 cd player. I love listening to live performances on dvd and on the high definition channels where 5.1 is broadcast. I liked your referance to the AVP2 as being more musical. That's what I'm looking for.

This may be the last significant upgrade I make to my system for a while (ya right). I'll look into your Meridian for comparisons sake.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"