• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CombatWombat
    • Jul 2006

Bi-Wiring Just Tryed it Love it

NOT A ARGUEMENT POST
    PLAY NICE

Bi-Wire or athe the very least remove the strap from the speaker and run a small bit of your choosen cable in place of it.

I have just done this well accually I bit the bullit and went out and bought some more cable and then cut them to the same length as all my other cables.

Spent 1hr setting it all up ( my banana plugs I use in my amps could not fit two lots of the same cable will be fixing that tommorrow the cable I use is Tara Labs-Prism Klara) So as you could imagin it take a while to get all the cable connected and staying in where they are supposed to.

Switched it all on and played my favouriot track- Time make two - Robert Cray

And LOVED IT the sound was more balanced the bass was in line with the highs...not that it sounded bad before it just sounds better now.

So it is either one of two things- the strap- or the Bi-Wire- Who care it sounds better and I like it. :T And thats all that matters

Please dont turn this thread into a big heated debate, like the one that I created to ask a few questions did. :M

This post it just to voice my thoughts and share what I have just spent the last 3hrs playing with.

Please keep any posts in this thread nice
    Also Admins please lock if you want to...to avoid a repeat of what happend last time.

My system is Klipsch RF-7, RC7, RF-3 Rears RSW-12 Yamaha RX-V1....Very soon to be upgraded to Rotel :T
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

CombatWombat, there's a simple explanation for this improvement. The new cable you bought is made of Special Copper. You can read more about Special Copper here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=19618

Comment

• CombatWombat
      • Jul 2006

I was useing the same cable before now just two runs of it

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Great. I bi-wire some of my speakers, too. FWIW.

Kal
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Combat Wombat,

I am so glad you had an open mind and tried it... IMO (and experience) bi-wiring has a variable effect depending on the speaker brand, model and quality of other components. Sometimes you can hear no difference (e.g several HT upgrade generations ago on my Sony Reciever). However for brands such as B&W (and remember I am a moderator of CLub B&W ) which are designed for bi-wiring with special crossovers etc - IMO (and on the manufacturer site) you do get an worthwhile improvement, especially in stereo. Even if it is imagination (which I doubt as B&W have no interest in selling more cable) hey if we think it sounds better that's good too... Most people with higher end speakers that try it tend to stick to it... More of those that knock do from theory ("it can't posibly make a difference...") than experience... So - all the better that you tried it and enjoy!

Geoff

Comment

• Snap
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2005

I have never tried bi-wired surrounds before. But my home that I am building I ran out of 2 conductor wire, and so the whole surround sound system was done with 4 conductor! haha so hey.... might as well give it a try! I like it on the fronts in my old house.
            The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• CombatWombat
              • Jul 2006

Nice

Sourrounds are usally the killer tending to have the longest run of wire x2
              mabey not so nessarry if you are mainly a HT person (still could not hurt though) but with muti-channel music (which I listen to a lot of) IMO makes a worth while difference

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

I am using two runs of 4 conductor wire (14 ga/conductor) to my N804 speakers. Each run is 35' plus and I am not experiencing any problems with the length. I am strictly 2 channel.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"