X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elazarus
    • Jun 2006

Suggestions please for a DVD/CD carousel

player to match up with my Denon 3806......I have the plasma and the speakers and need one last piece of the puzzle.

Denon is limited on the Carousel....is it OK.....How is Yamaha?

Thank you

Elliot
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Elazarus,

I'm not a fan of Carousel players anymore (owned a panasonic carousel player), too much jitter, although it provides convenience, it's just not the same player anymore.

Denon has bad reviews for their muti-players, from what I've seen. There are a few single players available, that would provide better overall perfomance. The following list immediately comes to mine:

1) Pioneer 79Avi
    2) Oppo 971
    3) Toshiba HD A-1

All of these players provide video upscaling, the Toshiba provides 1080p, the others provide 720p. I believe these players will provide you what you will need with the exception of a slight inconvenience. The Pioneer 79Avi provides pretty decent CD playback, as well.

You have a pretty nice setup it seems, give yourself a nice player to compliment the rest of your system. This is just my humble opinion, and course your mileage may vary.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Elazarus
      • Jun 2006

Thank you for the great input....

When guests come over it is nice to have a Changer...otherwise a single play is OK.....

I do want something that is HD Plasma capable (by that I mean a good source).

Just one last piece of the puzzle.

Thank you

Elliot

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
        • Jun 2006

KENWOOD DV5900M- 400 Disc, DVD, DVD-A, CD Player

I believe they still build this player. It has DCDi for video. You can connect it to a computer and the player will go to this website and automatically go through all of your CD's and Label each CD: Artist, Name of CD and Songs. Also has decent Database functions. The video looks real good, has Component Video but no HDMI!

It is easily the best piece of Equipment I have ever owned. With my Pronto remote I can set it up with Macros for one button operation.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"