X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyser
    • Apr 2006

Celestion S20 help

I have a celestion set up that's been in storage for about a year.

I'm ready to bust it back out, but I realized I lost the power cord for the S20 sub.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a replacement? Or tell me what generic version of a power cord I can use that's compatible?

The sub is being shipped to me, so I cant even see the back of it for another week or so to know what cord I need, and I'd like to be able to buy the cord ahead of time so that it can all be set up once it arrives.

On the same note...anyone know where I can find cheap stands for the 301's (also Celestion?)

Thanks for all the help from a noob!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Since we don't know what kind of receptacle the sub has answering your power cord question is a bit difficult. If you post a link to a picture or the owners manual we might be able to help

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• pyser
      • Apr 2006

well, i found the manual. heres what it says near the plug:

115V/230V 60/50Hz - 220W Max
      Fuse Type: T2.5AL 250V

elsewhere, where it says AC Power Input, it reads:

115V US SP 3333 AB

and finally, power requirements:

115V/230V AC ~, 60Hz/50Hz

power consumption:

220VA

hope that helps!

thanks in advance

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Welcome to the forum Pyser.

It seems that the sub may require a three prong power cord, but again as ThomasW stated it's no way to tell until you receive the unit. It is also possible for it to be a two prong, or a proprietary cord (I doubt that though).

Look at the diagram in the manual does it have two or three prongs where the plug is located?

Do you have any detachable computer power cords laying around (usually 3 prong), you can always use that if applicable?

Just my quick thoughts.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• pyser
          • Apr 2006

its 3 prong.

i think thats what happened....i used the sub cord for a computer by accident....

does that mean i can just snag any decent computer cord and i should be fine?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"