X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philo
    • Feb 2006

Help required with connections and things

I am about to get all the parts to my home theatre.
    I was wondering when buying speaker stands, what to look for, or are they all the same? Filled or not filled?
    Also with hooking up a DVD player through my receiver, do I use digital coax for the audio or RCA? Digital COAX carries both channels of audio in a single plug is that right?
    Aslo with component cable does the more cable you use effect the picture at all, I am looking at some 10mtr cable to hook up to a projector?
    What are some good video cable names and what do I look for in a cable?
    I am in Australia, so will probably look for companies here and good prices.

Philo
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Yes, you can use the digital coax for your DVDp. It will carry all the full audio signal. I also hook up my analog (RCA) connections to my pre-pro, but only because my DVDp upsamples and I sometimes like experiment with it.

I always like to fill stands with sand or lead if possible. They are not all the same. Some of the cheaper ones are thin metal and sort of flimsy. The nice ones are quite solid and heavy.

Doug (Lex) with CAT Cables can probably hook you up with something or at least point you in the right direction on cables.
    Danish

Comment

• Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

Hi philo, welcome to the guide. As you enter into the HT realm you will be amazed at how well and fast things can develop. Just take your time and build. We are here to help you as much as possible. :T

As Dyazdani has pointed out that you can scroll down to the CATS Cables Forum and speak with Doug/Lex the owner of this Site and he will be glad to steer you into the right direction.

Tell us, what other components are you gonna use in you HT setup?
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"