X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mukaudio
    • Oct 2005

Marantz Receiver all channels driven

Hello,

I have a Marantz SR5400 AVR which is rated at 90 W (which of course is when only one channel is being driven). I was wondering if anyone has seen any measurements for how much power the Marantz receivers put out when they're driving all 5 channels.

Mark.
    Mark
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

not sure, but my 5500 ran all my 4ohm speakers fine.
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com

Comment

• greenjudas
      • Mar 2005

Its around 70% of what they claim,so you'd be roughly getting around 63w per channel

Comment

• mattburk
        • Feb 2003

Its better than that 85 Into 5

www.mycstone.com
        www.coverednow.com
        www.biarenton.com

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

I havent actually yet read the previous review, but I did read somewhere a while back, possibly on a marantz site, that Marantz give a 70% minimum guaranteed output with all channels running.

So if your receiver is rated at 90 watts @ 8ohms, you will get at least 70% of that with all channels running which should be 63 watts minimum. It may often be more and also depends on how many ohms the speakers are.

If using 6 or 4 ohm speakers you should get a substantially higher wattage output.

In 2 channel you should get at least 90 watts or more.

However I dont think the wattage is the most important factor as the difference between say 60 watts and 90 watts is about 1 decible only, or one notch on the volume level.

The speaker ohms and efficiency rating can compensate a lot for a low wattage output.

The resulting sound quality is what is important I think.

Comment

• mattburk
            • Feb 2003

true, on the bench the 5400 got 85x5 into 8 ohm, and 110x2@8ohm.
            www.mycstone.com
            www.coverednow.com
            www.biarenton.com

Comment

• bleeding ears
              • Nov 2004

Yes they seem like good output figures compared to the competition, and are even substantially higher than the 70% minimum for all channels running.

Thumbs up to Marantz :T

Comment

• cobbpa
                • Apr 2005

I found that review a few weeks ago. Until then, H/K was the only company who seemed to have real-world performance to back up wattage ratings. After seeing that review as validation & realizing a new SR5600 would have 4 years of warranty (after adding on my American Express extension) I bought a 5600 an am so far very happy.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"