X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leef DaLucky
    • May 2003

Epiphany: Slim Line Cases!

Just before Xmas i was running out of space in my DVD rack and was starting to worry a little bit.
    I received, as a gift, the box set of Firefly and was amazed to see how they packaged it up into slim line DVD cases.
    So, i was at TigerDirect yesterday picking up a DVD burner, and i saw some slim line cases on sale for 6$/20.
    I thought i'd bring some home to experiment on.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, so far.
    I was able to mod about 80 cases so far, between single and double disks formats.
    It took me and Veronica about 3 hours last night to shave a fraction off the original liners and replace the disks into their new homes.

I really wasn't going to worry about such stuff, but Shane Martin's post on the upcoming battle between Blu-ray and HD-dvds got me thinking that i might have to sit tight with my collection for a year or 2 before I commit to anything. And honestly, I really don't like the extra packaging that a lot of disks seem to come with nowadays.

So, here's a pic for those with large collections. An excellent/cheap solution in my opinion for some quality media maintenance.
    You can clearly see the differerence from the middle shelf to the shelf above it. And hey! I fit all the Star Wars movies into one box!

cheers,
    Mikey
    Attached Files
    "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
    -Dark Helmet
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"