• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • presideo
    • Oct 2005

no sound with Denon 2805...help!

8O
    Hey all,

I have read a few posts about this, I am having an issue with my Denon 2805. I have installed a dvd player and successfully assigned the component video input/output for it. I.E...I get a video signal on my samsung plasma. The problem is the sound. I have tried optical/coaxial/composite....all to no avail I can reassign the digital input, but I still get no sound. I hooked up an Ipod to the front panel audcio input, and same result...no sound. What am I missing here? When I do a test tone the speakers all emit the tone...yet I can't seem to get sound in ANY mode..and it is driving me crazy.

any ideas?
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

What DVD player are you using? Is the digital outs turned on, using th DVD player? I have seen some DVD players that you have to turn on the component video outs. Use the DVD remote and check the set up. Make sure that the DVD is set to send audio out the Digital out that you are using.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hi Cory, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

Like Jim said, make sure your 2805 is set up to pass the digital and PCM bitsreams (both audio). That's the simplest (and cheapest) explanation.

Which Samsung plasma do you have? I'm looking hard at the HP-R5072.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• presideo
        • Oct 2005

still no audio love dr. jones

the dvd player (sony ns700p) is set up to output digital audio streams.

I believe the 2805 is set up to accept both audio streams...hat is set up in the digital input assign menu?? or is there another menu to set up the streams? I get no audio even when I use a composite connector and an ipod on the vaux inpu in the front of the reciever...but I still get test tones.

I am lost.

I have the samsung 5052 which I am very happy with...I just cant use it since I am getting no audio...boo for me.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

Hi Cory, I have reviewed the manual but I have to go for a couple of hours will return.
          CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Uncle Clive
            Former Moderator
            • Jan 2002

Geees, did I say a couple of hours or days ops: Sorry 'bout that.

I wanted to find out from you if you have followed the proceedures laid out from page 70 in the manual?

If you go step by step to plug in the correct values and assignments you should start to get some different results. The whole idea is to make sure the type of digital output used (i.e from the DVd plyr) is properly inputted. Now, I did see on the layout that the in/outs for the optical and coaxial ports are pretty much scrambled across the board. Make sure you're using the correct input on that 2805.

Have you tried plugging in that DVD player directly into the TV? Just to make sure it is breathing?

Let us know how things are turning out. :T

Your Manual
            CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"