X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chelseaforever
    • Mar 2005

HDMI junction box

Does anyine else out there share my anger at now having to buy a separate box so that I can supply my Pioneer PDP434PE with more than one HD source component. Not only does this bring storage problems as the 4-way box is almost as big as a standard hi-fi separate but it also costs £300 in the UK.
    I would assume many will start facing this issue as more HD products find there way onto the market. This problem arises for me as I already have a HDMI DVD player and will be aquiring the Xbox 360 and Sky HD as soon as it is available next year.
    I see the latest Pioneer plasma has 2 HDMI sockets which would still be one short for me and I guess many others.
    When will manufacturers start looking forward a little and think of their customers a bit more. It is after all us that keeps them in business.
    I am really angry about this but I am not sure who to direct my anger at.
    £300 for a glorified junction box also fells like a complete rip off to me.
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Does anyine else out there share my anger at now having to buy a separate box so that I can supply my Pioneer PDP434PE with more than one HD source component.
    No. In truth you should have realized this BEFORE you purchased the Plasma. Also, most Tv's now only have a maximum of 2 HDMI ins. With more products coming with HDMI, you and everyone else will be buying a new HDMI switcher or a receiver that switches. Those are coming out now.

I mean you didn't have to buy it(no gun to your head), so in truth yes the manufacturer is to blame but so are you the consumer. Luckily, there are options out there to resolve this.

Comment

• Snap
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2005

You could run Component Video for some stuff instead of HDMI
      The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• wildfire99
        • Aug 2005

My old 60" Mitsubishi RPTV only had 1 component video input. Those greedy little... !! They should have forseen my need for a DVD player, Xbox, computer input, and everything else I use. Oh well... I found out svideo really isn't that much of a step down from component.
        - Patrick
        "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• eddiem67
          • Jun 2004

just get a gefen or DVDO and get on with, most have remote capablility, or upgrade to one of the new receivers that have HDMI
          My Car Audio

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"