X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Stacking Amplifiers

I'm considering moving around some equipment. One option is to stack a Rotel 1080 on top of a Rotel 1095. Has anyone tried this? I'd have 3.5 inches above the 1080. There would be a perforated door in front and open in the back. Any advise is appreciated.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Most likely a bad idea there. There was a thread last week that quoted Rotel's manual for one of the two amps saying nothing should be stacked above it at all. If you haven't got any other options, I'd look into putting a powered exhaust fan in the closet near the amps to purge as much heat as possible.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Thanks

David,

Thanks for the feedback. I believe a little more rearranging will allow me to keep these on different shelves with proper venting.

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
        • Jan 2005

I have used Rotel amps (RMB-1075) in a confined space and did not have any problems, but if possible I would seek out other options.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"