X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprout
    • Jun 2005

Experience of different interconnects between Pe/Proc & Amps

I would welcome users experience of different interconnects between Pre/Proc & Amps they have used.

I know peoples views on interconnects vary from don’t waste your money to I have some costing hundreds and they make a massive difference.

75 ohm or not?

I am connecting a Rotel 1098 to a 1075 and a 1070

I have various interconnects at my disposal, and will let you all know what I think, but very interested in your findings/preferences and why.

Cheers

sprout
  • Mark1Ace1
    • Jun 2005

I changed from Monster Ultra THX series to Kordz cable. Nice looking cable and for a fifth of Monsters price, they give exceptional performance in my books

Mark

Comment

• booktrunk
      • Aug 2004

As you've got quite a few have a play and see what you think

I paid £30 per M for silver cable and made a load up myself, This way I had slightly less clutter as I made them the correct length.
      "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
        • May 2004

I'm Running all Monster M Series audio & Video...... no complaints :T

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by sprout
          I would welcome users experience of different interconnects between Pre/Proc & Amps they have used.
          Such a discussion is really not wise here as one of the BBs financial supporters is a cable manufacturer/vendor (Cat Cables)and he really frowns on discussions of other brands; rightly so.
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• sprout
            • Jun 2005

I did not have intension to cause upset.

However

I feel that it is really sad if he frowns upon this.
            How we connect our gear up is very important, and sharing this info surely useful.

If I were in business as this, I would like to have confidence in my products, and welcome constructive comments, positive or not, for future product development.

Any defamatory or unnecessary comments I would expect to be removed of course.

Here in the UK I am an avid user of other bulletin boards with advertising sponsorship and have never seen such a comment, so once again I am sorry if this causes a problem.

Regards

Sprout

Comment

• Sithlord
              • Aug 2004

I've used other brands in the past some quite expensive, but last year I purchased 5 Kingcats for use b/w my Krell amp and Arcam pre-pro and haven't looked back. You may want to read this before continuing this discussion.

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Open ended discussion to name every brand of cable under the sun is not allowed since this forum is owned by the same company as CAT Cables, and that is what your post is asking for. IF you have specific cable questions, goals, then that would be allowed, but open ended posts asking for every cable under the sun to be listed here is not allowed.

Doug
                Owner
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"