X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Magnetic Interference

What would be called a safe distance between TV and speaker(non-shielded). I know that most center and front spks are magnetically shielded but the SUB isnt. So lets say for a CRT TV on a stand and if you need to keep the SUB on the floor near the TV, what would be a safe distance to place it ????.

Ah! another question that comes to my mind is, how can the Magnetic force of the speakers damage a TV or can it also damage the other devices like the AMP or the DVD or interference in cables ????
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Well, just one story I feel compelled to tell:

I bought a new 36" Sony Wega TV and Klipsch C-6 center channel speaker at the same time a few years ago, and set the center channel on top of the TV. Even though the speaker's shielded, it created a slight but noticeable visual distortion on the screen. After a few days, the screen actually adjusted, "healed", and it went away.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"