X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

LED ZEPPELIN Live on DVD

Well along with the others that I have ordered this double DVD in DTS I might add has been added to the collection....

David you know anything about this I mean Burke...I mean guys......

One of my buddies has a Zeppelin DVD and says it sounds like Crappola...hope this one is O.K......47.00 Bones

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Is this the How The West Was Won set? If so, I have the double CD version. I wasn't that impressed - to me it sounded like Jimmy Page wasn't up to speed (or maybe just mailed his performances in).

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Hello All!

David, as usual, thank you for the reply....I guess I bought another $40.00 FRISBEE...I hate that :roll: ....ah well part of the game I guess..

hay Dave I wonder if we could start a sticky or something with all the DVD possible names of music or atleast as many as possible and the one`s that the members have could rate them...you follow? Like that maybe Bam! could stop getting screwed

It would be like a DVDreview thingy ma jingy....

Take care bud!

Bam!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I like that idea, but I think big John needs to okay it. After all, he's the sheriff in this town.

Steve, Steve, not so fast on trashing your DVD - have you watched it? It could be a good one. My comments were about the HTWWW audio set, and the audio on that is okay. My gripe is with the lead guitarist's performance.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

David!

O.K. I am anxious to get it again

Where`s is the sheriff anyway?!!!1 Haven`t seen him in a while....

Bam!

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Out riding the range somewhere, I expect. He'll drop in shortly.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by David Meek
              Out riding the range somewhere, I expect. He'll drop in shortly.
              And it's a lot of west out there to cover! :B

Bam, I'm not totally clear on what the standards/guidelines of this thread are for this sticky. Could you be just a tad more specific on what you want this thread to be? Or am I just missing that it is a simple place for people to put reviews of various music on DVD???

And David is correct. At least listen/watch the Zepplin before you see how well it floats! 8)

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bam!
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2004

Hey John!

You are right buddy it wasn' t clear...well lately David and I have been almost the only two commenting on these posts! Basically I have been posting cd's and dvd's so we know that when there is a new post from either one of us we are wanting to know if we know or like or whatever....

Sorry about that the forum is about more than just the 2 of us...however we have been lonely here bud!

Come by more often will ya

Take care!

Bam!

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Is this:

the DVD you're speaking of?

Because the first disc is a little rough around the edges and so is the band as it's them in their earlier days. The second disc is much better both in terms of sound/picture and the band's performances.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                  Jason

Comment

• Bam!
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2004

Jason!

:yesnod:

Bam!

Comment

• Bam!
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2004

Hello All!

Well the final verdict is in.....
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      --
                      -

-
                      -
                      -
                      it`s O.K. not great but alright...it has that old clogged sound that gets scratchy....but they do have some great musicality if you can forget about the rest....

On DTS the effects are cool...if you are looking for audiophile sound this aint it but if you are looking for a classic band with history live in your living room than this is it....

So a partial frisbee I guess!

Bam!

Comment

• John Holmes
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Hey Bam! Sorry for the delayed response. My computer has been on the fritz since my last post.

Though it may seem that you and David are the only two ( ), most people do the reading even though they do not post. And to add to that, if it isn't a group or genre that they care for, you can almost forget them even checking it out. For instance, the only reason that I looked in on this thread is because I am the moderator for this section. I'm not a fan of Zeppelin so if not for my duties, I probably would have never looked in on this thread. And this is pretty natural human behavior. So, don't feel neglected if some of your post don't get a lot of responses. There was a time when the "Moderators" were the only ones posting to their sections! Boy am I glad that we have grown from those days!!! 8)

So please don't get discouraged. Continue to have a ball and please keep posting your info and reviews of items relating to music in this section. We enjoy having you here!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bam!
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jan 2004

John!

I was just kiddin' around basically it has been the sheriff! me Dave and you that have been posting here which is fine really....The comments have been great!

I am having a ball...I am not whining about in any way....really!

Anyway No comments on Zeppelin I see!!!! (from you)

I'll wait for Dave I am sure he'll be coming by soon! :LOL:

Bam!

Comment

• John Holmes
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Bam, I never thought you were whinning.

As for my comments on the disc review....I'm glad it's not a total frisbee! 8)

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"