X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken McDaniel
    • Aug 2000

The Beatles, 1

There are a few things I've been waiting for all me life. Flying cars, an action film winning an Oscar, and Star Wars on DVD. Another thing I always wanted was a good collection of Beatles songs without having to spend a ton of cash. Lo and behold I found The Beatles, 1. The CD contains 27 of their number one singles.

All of the songs display excellent, if not sometimes odd, remastering. Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, Penny Lane, and Let it be never sounded better. The imaging is excellent; providing a broad soundstage that pans back and forth. With the exception of a few tinny highs in instrumentals, the sound is lush and forcful. It should be noted that the first three songs (Love me do, From me to you, She loves you) are recorded in mono.

Occasionally a few of the songs place vocals where I don't think they belong. I've always thought that vocals belonged right where they were on stage: in the middle. A couple of the songs are mixed too far to the left or right. But this is the exception, not the rule. The overall quality is excellent.

I was honostly excited to bring this one home. I can't say that about many of the CDs I own. I was disappointed by the Beatles Anthology which appeared to me to be missing something. The Beatles, 1 seems to have filled that gap nicely.

Ken
    Ken
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"