X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Masked and Anonymous

Being homebound for a few weeks I have been spending time increasing my music collection via the internet. After watching the week long Blues special on PBS acouple of weeks ago I logged on to Acoustic Sounds and ordered every Blues album they had that I didn't already own.

As long as I was there I also ordered a smattering of other things. One of which was Masked and Anonymous. 200 gram super vinyl from Classic Records. First let me say right out front that if you aren't a Bob Dylan fan read no further. If you are this is a interesting bit of music. It is the sound track to what I have heard is a pretty bad movie. All the songs are by Dylan but, most are performed by artists of his choosing. An eclectic mix if there every was one. How about My Back Pages in Japanese sung by the Magokoro Brothers, or Like a Rolling Stone in Italian by Articolo 31, or If You See Her, Say Hello in Frech? At first I was a little put off but, when On A Night Like This came on performed by the great LA band, Los Lobos I started thinking this is rather brilliant. Two of the most interesting tracks are Senor (Tales of Yankee Power) performed by Jerry Garcia and City of Gold performed by the Dixie Hummingbirds. To me Senor was especially surprising because I have nevered been to enamoured by the Dead or Garcia, I have a whole new regard for him after hearing his vocals on this cut. I don't know who the Dixie Hummingbirds are, despite the name they are a male group, but am planning to look into what else they have done.
    If you like the song writing of Dylan, or just want to try something different, like way different, I would give this a spin.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"