Anyone heard of this talanted young Japanese artist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

Anyone heard of this talanted young Japanese artist?

Run into this (for me) new guy Agatsuma playing a 3 stringed old Japaneese Tsugaru-Shamisen. Shamisen originates from China and the Japanese made there own way with it and this guy for sure did his. It's a pretty cool sound that I got hooked on right away.

This week Domo Records is running a special for his 2'nd CD (as of the japaneese releases) called BEAMS selling it for $10.50
    Domo is a new form of business intelligence (BI) unlike anything before - an executive management platform delivered as a service that helps managers and executives transform the way they run their businesses.

He did a LA tour this August between the 7th and 9th.
    The following link is to the CD samples...
    Domo is a new form of business intelligence (BI) unlike anything before - an executive management platform delivered as a service that helps managers and executives transform the way they run their businesses.

Mats
    HTGuide
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

Well, Now I have heard of him
    Received the CD today and this kid rocks on his 3 strings
    Just for the fun of it I managed to get 1 of the 5 signed copies also.

Mats
    HTGuide
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Good stuff Mats! 8O Wow, this is one talented youngster. . . . Pretty impressive.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ran by Best Buy hoping to pick this up for our vacation trip, but they didn't have it in stock. Oh well, gotta keep looking.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Mats
          Special Member
          • Jun 2000

I guess you have to look for it online to get hold of the CD and to get t shipped from LA to you wouldn't take too long.
          Talking about Domo Records, my favourite, Kitaro just released his new CD also, Sacred Journey of Ku-kai. That's another must buy for me

Mats
          HTGuide
          Mats
          Mats Strömberg

Comment

• mike in denver
            • Oct 2003

Hey Mats, The word "Jap" is derogatory and racist. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but it still is.

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Mike in Denver,

I took the liberty to amend parts of Mats post. I'm sure he meant nothing to upset/offend anyone.

And Mats,

Nice find on this one. I'm enjoying the Domo website. Lots of good music there.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"