Looking for great piano as well as fantastic arrangments? Then this "Rodney Franklin" is for you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looking for great piano as well as fantastic arrangments? Then this "Rodney Franklin" is for you!

One of the great things about this disc is it's progressions through out the songs. I love when an artist does the unexpected and takes you in a direction you could not see coming during the performance of a song.

You will get that plus outstanding vocal arrangments too.

Another thing I really enjoy about the jazz and smooth jazz genres are the support other in the arena give fellow artist. And like so many others, this disc has a bunch of talents assisting: Gerald Albright, Sekou Bunch, George Howard, Harvey Mason, Bryon Miller, Doc Powell, Brian Simpson, Greg Walker. Doc Powell even wrote and co-arranged the opening song on the disc "Motherland".

This release boost a very nice mix of upbeat & mellow cuts. It also includes awesome versions of " Man In The Mirror" and "It Never Rains In Southren California". Track #4 "She's True" is an instrumental piece, that really showcases the talent of Mr. Franklin.

Amazon has samples for listening to this cd on their site. Which will give you a taste but, I suggest giving it it's fair do with a real audition.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"