X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

More jazz

I am a little bit curious why my posts on my new jazz didn't garner much discussion. Hmmm. Only David seemed to notice it.

Miles Davis Round About Midnight is another winner. Loved it! Maybe when you folks wake up over here, you will have something to say about it. Anybody even heard it?

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Lex,

I've heard a fair bit of Miles Davis but I'm not sure which albums the music came from - a friend's compilation CD's, you know? I like his music but haven't acquired any yet. In fact, I've pretty much ceased on CD purchases (Sarah Brightman notwithstanding ) until I buy an SACD unit.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Oh David David David. SACD is fine and dandy, but there's SO MUCH great jazz that may never see the format. Redbook rules, and will for a very long time!

Simply, look for 20 bit resolution or better recordings and with a good quality redbook player, it's pretty dang good.

My Rega Jupiter sure does justice to it. Ok, you may be asking why did I buy a 1900.00 redbook player with SACD here? Well, I didn't pay 1900 for it, I paid around 1200. For 1200 bucks, you can't buy top of the line SACD, and that is what I wanted. A classic, awesome CD player with high end look and feel. Sorry, Sony doesn't make that IMO. (Sorry Jon) Sure, maybe the top of the line SACD is great. But can it truly stay with some others on design? Sony's designs are a bit stale IMO. Nothing quite as refreshing as a top load Rega.

Lex
      Doug

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I am a little bit curious why my posts on my new jazz didn't garner much discussion. Hmmm. Only David seemed to notice it.
        Don't feel bad my friend, it happens to me all the time!

David, I think Lex is right. There is a ton a great sounds in the redbook format that may never make it to SACD. I mean, look at how long dvd's have been doing well and yet the older films (which most people want) is still unavailable. I don't see anything wrong with getting a SACD player but, I wouldn't give up on redbook.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

ahh, the prodigal son returns, I thought John had flown north for the summer

Lex
          Doug

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Sorry I've been away the last few days. My 18 yr old daughter did the graduation thing (friday past) and also moved to Baton Rouge so, between her and the wife (not wanting her to move out) it's been a busy few days!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"