X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Beatles Songs

I am listening to a song called Nothin' Shakin' performed by the Beatles. This song goes way back to the beginnings, it may in fact be someone else's composition. I swear I have NEVER heard them do this song.

sort of Chuck Berry influence, and a little rockin country sound to it. hmmmm.

I freaking love channel 18 on XM radio So great for a Beatles fan, and the individual artists after the Beatles.

I have really learned a lot of Beatles history, as well as history about the individual Beatles. Things like Julia, was a song about John Lennon's Mom. Hey Jude was about Julian Lennon. It was going to be hey Jules, Paul's nickname for him, however, he decided Jude sounded better, so he changed it. Everyone but me know these things?

George Harrison only had 1 A side composition and it was played at the last concert in the US. Anyone know the title?

Or did anyone know?
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

That George Harrison song must have been “Something” pretty special to be on a Beatles A side. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• kmak
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2002

Doug, by last concert in US, do you mean Candlestick Park in '66? Something wasn't released until '70 on Abbey Road....

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Nothin' Shakin' is a pretty obscure Beatles song. As far as I know it only appears on the "Live At The BBC" album which is worth owning like all Beatles albums.

That's a curly question regarding George Harrison. I'm guessing the song is Taxman off the Revolver album but I don't actually have a clue. I thought that Something was his only A side song.

Nigel.
        Last edited by bigburner; 21 February 2018, 01:12 Wednesday. Reason: Forgot to add note on Something

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

..in their early days, the beatles & the stones both were greatly influenced by the blues & soul music coming out of the usa at the time, along with the 'sound' created by those record studios.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Lex

George Harrison only had 1 A side composition and it was played at the last concert in the US. Anyone know the title?
            So what's the answer? The suspense is killing me.

Nigel.

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

"Something", which wasn't released until 1969 on Abbey Road. Their last appearance was on the roof of Apple Corp.'s headquarters in NY, 1/30/69. Do I win anything? LOL
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Alaric
                Their last appearance was on the roof of Apple Corp.'s headquarters in NY, 1/30/69. Do I win anything? LOL
                Sadly you don't Lee. The Beatles' final public performance on 30 January 1969 was delivered from the rooftop of Apple Corps at 3 Savile Row, London, not in New York. You can watch their final performance on the 1970 documentary film “Let It Be”.

Nigel.

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Missed it by that much! Well, more like 5000 miles.... LOL
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"