X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New James Taylor Album, "Before This World"

This is James Taylor's first album with new material in 13 years. I do so love his voice and folk sound, so I'm very interested to hear how this one turns out. Don't think I'll be making a blind purchase, but if enough people have good things to say about this one, I might try it out.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I've been a huge Taylor fan for many years and play and sing many of his songs on guitar. I'm very partial to his album "October Road" and I'll be sure to check this new one out.

It must be noted that J.T is getting on in age and his voice is getting mighty wobbly! I saw some live footage of him singing recently at events and he was having a hard time with his voice. I can only assume in a studio album setting that his voice is being cleaned up (Auto tune etc.) quite a bit.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I've always enjoyed J.T's music. He has what I consider, a relaxing sound. I too have heard pretty positive comments about his latest release. I'll have to give it a listen.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"