X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

SRV at Montreux

Just had a chance to watch this, as it was a christmas gift. If you are into his music, this is a must. I watched the first concert from 1982, and the fans were booing Stevie Ray Vaughan. He never missed a beat though, continued on with the set. He returned in 1985, and it was a different story. The fans welcomed him. I have only ever listened to his music and never seen him live, or any footage except for the odd video. All I have to say is he was mesmerizing. That man can handle a guitar. Special guest Johnny Copeland on some tracks as well. It was not in widescreen, but the 5.1 sound was great. Its a 2 disc set, and well worth the purchase. I have always loved to listen to S.R.V. but this live performance gives me a new respect for the man and his music. Talented none to say the least. :T ;x( Now I'm on to the Van Morrison Live at Montreux, 1974/1980. Another 2 disc set. I'm sure it will be great also.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I've had this DVD for a while. It's amazing watching SRV play.

I only wish I had had the chance to see him live. The Human race lost a really special person when he died...I just wonder how much more music he had left in him... He is a legend and every show they have of him just proves how great he was!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

To hear his family, friends and other musicians talk, he was still learning, still reaching for new levels at the time of his death. The fact that he'd shaken the addictions he was saddled with and was really feeling good about himself and his life only adds to the sadness of the tale. Yeah, we lost a special talent in him.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• gross30
        • Jun 2005

You guys are definately correct there, in the fact we lost a great talent. I also wish I had seen him perform live. Never had the chance. After watching the DVD, I was looking at my wife and she was also stunned at the performance. I was kind of sad when the first show in 1982 had the crowd in Switzerland booing him. I'm sure they didn't really know what kind of talent he was, as he was just getting going, courtesy of Jackson Browne.

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

Originally posted by gross30
          Just had a chance to watch this, as it was a christmas gift. If you are into his music, this is a must. I watched the first concert from 1982, and the fans were booing Stevie Ray Vaughan. He never missed a beat though, continued on with the set. He returned in 1985, and it was a different story. The fans welcomed him. I have only ever listened to his music and never seen him live, or any footage except for the odd video. All I have to say is he was mesmerizing. That man can handle a guitar. Special guest Johnny Copeland on some tracks as well. It was not in widescreen, but the 5.1 sound was great. Its a 2 disc set, and well worth the purchase. I have always loved to listen to S.R.V. but this live performance gives me a new respect for the man and his music. Talented none to say the least. :T ;x( Now I'm on to the Van Morrison Live at Montreux, 1974/1980. Another 2 disc set. I'm sure it will be great also.
          "Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985" is indeed a very good DVD but if you want to see SRV at his very best then "Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Live at the El Mocambo 1983" should be the next DVD that you buy.
          Attached Files

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Ha ha, I've got that one and it is great.

Along with the Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Live from Austin Texas.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• gross30
              • Jun 2005

Looks like Amazon going to be getting some orders for DVD'S. I will have to watch them for sure. Thanks for the info. I'm just getting into the DVD 5.1, and loving it

Comment

• Foxman
                • Jan 2003

My first time seeing SRV perform was the Montreax DVD and I was also blown away. I had listened to him for a while now on CD, but you would have to see him play to appreciate. I would imagine seeing him live and in person would bring about a whole new level of appreciation. Truely a huge loss.

I have 2 concert DVD's of his the Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985 and Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Live at the El Mocambo 1983.
                IMO

My Movies
                Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"