X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kemp
    • Nov 2003

Blues

I am just getting into blues and would like any recommendations for good blues. A good compilation cd perhaps?

Thanks
    Marius
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

I just started myslef but here are some I like:
    BB King
    Kenny Wayne Sheppard
    Buddy Guy
    Johnny Lang
    Robert Cray
    Eric Clapton
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

Foxman's choices are all great artists...but there are so many forms of the blues.Most of the aforementioned guys are what I consider blues/rock.Along with people like the late,great Stevie Ray Vaughn,Poppa Chubby and many other of today's artists there is a great deal of rock mixed in with the blues.This is not a bad thing if that is your cup of tea.But, there are also the country blues,piedmount blues,contemporary blues,cajun blues,Chicago blues,Jazz blues and of course "lectric" blues.All are of course related but each has a distintive sound and style.
      Country blues with it's acoustic stylings are at the core of all blues...most of the time just one man singing and telling his story.Some of my favorites are John Henry Barbee,Sleepy John Estes,Papa John Creach...lotta Johns,huh....these folks were recorded in the late 50s to late 60s.
      I love Chicago blues which is the same as "lectric" blues....Muddy Waters played the lectric guitar...a raw,raw electric guitar.Howling Wolf was another great....and Elmore James was also a king during the this time peroid.As a matter of fact it was those 3,along with John Lee Hooker and Buddy Guy who got me hooked on the blues.
      Many years ago in college my roomate was playing "musta done somebody wrong" by the Allman bros...great song.He said if you like that you should hear the original...by Elmore James.After hearing it...I was hooked and have been ever since.
      If you would like a little jazz with your blues...try some Memphis Slim or Otis Spann...great piano players,or T-Bone Walker with his guitar.
      If you are leaning more towards the contemporary...try some of the later John Lee Hooker cds...he did some nice stuff with Carlos Santana,Bonnie Raitt among others.
      Some current guys with a 60s Chicago feel...Magic Slim,Buddy Guy still,Otis Rush...
      There are so many greats who have gone on but left us wonderful music...get a sampler and find out what turns you on....happy hunting...

Comment

• Kens1
        • Mar 2005

Great thread - I love reading about different artists in different areas of music. My taste in music is starting to open up now that my system treats my ears right! I find that a lot of blues, jazz, and even classical cd's sound much better than the popular pop cd's. I should say the quality of the recording is much better and more enjoyable to sit down and listen to.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Ry Cooder did some good work on the Crossroads soundtrack.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

I especially like Ry Cooder's work he did with Taj Mahal...another great artist.
            Wow...Crossroads...I remember going to see that movie when it first came out,mid-eighties,I believe.The Karate kid plays the blues...

Kemp,do you have or have acess to XM radio?...it is the greatest invention since sliced bread!
            I recently purchased a new truck and it came with a free 3 month trial...well once you get your hands on it they know that you are going to subscribe.
            There is a station on it..."Bluesville",and they play blues 24/7....talk about a sampler,they play everyone....

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Muddy Waters, a strong influence for Clapton and Hendrix.
              ~Nick

Comment

• autio
                • Mar 2005

Robert Johnson--- In the '60s, eric Clapton was such a fanatic of the then-esoteric Robert Johnson that he wouldn't talk to anyone who hadn't heard of him. He was a Robert Johnson snob and proud of it. ---When Keith Richards was first introduced to Johnson's music by his bandmate Brian Jones, he replied, "Who is the other guy playing with him?", not realizing it was all Johnson playing on one guitar.

Also try some John lee hooker (The Healer is an album done with various artists like santana and Bonnie Raitte)

Taj Mahal was previously mentioned and I would second that motion!

and of course Sonny boy williamson

Comment

• Kemp
                  • Nov 2003

Thanks to all for the replies.

I unfortunately haven't heard of XM Radio. We also don't really have a radio station that plays blues.

I have gone out and bought myself two albums. The first being Jonny Lang - Lie to me. I listened to this one on the way home. This guy is amazing especially considering his age!

The other album is a double album called "Blues Legends". This compilation has artists such as Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, Buddy Guy, Albert King, Elmore James, BB King, Memphis Slim, Otis Rush, Jimmy Reed, etc. What is nice is that there is more than one song of each artist on this album. I still have to listen to this one.

A few years ago one of our local artists (Valiant Swart) went to the delta for about 3 months and made a documentary show about all the blues. I unfortunately only caught the second half of the series on the rerun. What astonished me is the skills of a lot of the local guys and how good they are, but still they get no break and has to work during the day and can't earn any money with their music and live in poverty. They are definately better than a lot of todays "computer" music. It is very sad.

This opens up a new world for me as I mainly listened to hard rock.
                  Marius

Comment

• H.Donald
                    • Aug 2004

Kemp,XM radio is fairly new here in the USA and at present only available in North America...but I was just reading an article yesterday,they are about to launch two new satellites.Ratheon corp. has just signed on with Worldspace corp....apparently this will now blanket the world with XM radio.

Sounds like you are off to a great intro to the blues.Sadly, so many of them never gained a great deal of fame or fortune.Many were "discovered" after their death.And back then just as we do now,the masses worship people with little talent other than exposing most of their body and the ability to lip sinc.

The good news is there is so much material now available.When you find who you like ...you do not have to wait for a new release...they are already here.

And there is of course the connection between blues and rock....
                    Simply put as the Muddy Waters song title says....the blues had a baby and they call it rock and roll...

Comment

• H.Donald
                      • Aug 2004

BTW...I believe you can listen to XM radio on line....

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

I am just getting into blues and would like any recommendations for good blues. A good compilation cd perhaps?
                        Instrumental, vocal, all of the above?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Kemp
                          • Nov 2003

Thomas, There seem to be a big number of "sub-sections" of blues that I don't know yet. But I would say vocals with good instrumental bits.
                          Marius

Comment

• David Meek
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Kemp,

It's not strict blues, but a good starting point for a fine, mellow instrumental with blues-guitar hooks is Stevie Ray Vaughn's ( ;x( ) Riviera Paradise from his In Step album. This song is an absolute personal favorite (for what that's worth).

Comment

• David Meek
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

Another avenue that will give you Riviera Paradise, plus more of an overall feel of Stevie is his The Real Deal: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2. It's a 2-CD compilation of his best. Highly recommended if you want a taste of Texas guitar blues. :T

Comment

• Foxman
                                • Jan 2003

Yeah I am embarresed that I failed to mention SRV, he is by far and away my favorite of the ones mentioned. Saddly I only own a couple of his cd's, Martin Scorsesi presents the Blues and Couldnt Stand the Weather. I also own a couple of his concert DVD's and that as much as anything opened my eyes into this mans work.
                                IMO

My Movies
                                Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• David Meek
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

Russ, have you seen the Live From Austin, Texas DVD? It's fantastic. Just watching him work the guitar is spell-binding.

Oh, I should mention that Double Trouble (his band) was composed of some pretty serious musicians in their own rights. They were (are) drummer Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon on electric bass who were there from the early days, and Reese Wynans on keyboard who joined a few years later.

Comment

• bigburner
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • May 2005

Kemp, if Jonny Lang turned you on, try Alvin Lee & Ten Years After. Start with the track Slow Blues in 'C' which you'll find on his Pure Blues album. It starts off slowly and builds to the best crescendo you'll hear anywhere. Sex on a stick.

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
                                      • Jun 2005

Roy Buchanan

Comment

• taz13
                                        • Jun 2004

1 of my current blues favorites
                                        http://www.charlieacourt.com/ :T
                                        The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
                                        Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• ThomasW
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Aug 2000

But I would say vocals with good instrumental bits.
                                          Keb Mo
                                          Keb' Mo's new single Good To Be (Home Again) from his forthcoming album Good To Be... is out now!

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Spearmint
                                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by taz13
                                            1 of my current blues favorites
                                            http://www.charlieacourt.com/ :T
                                            Good choice there Taz, I am also a fan of Charlie.

Another of my favorites is Tony Joe White, a couple of my favorite album's are "One Hot July", and "The Heroines" amongst others.

Originally posted by ThomasW
                                            Good choice Thomas, another of my favorite artists.
                                            Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• taz13
                                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Spearmint
                                              Good choice there Taz, I am also a fan of Charlie.
                                              East Coast Canadian blues with Fans on the bottom half of the world. Charlies getting there.

For historical blues info
                                              Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• Glen B
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Jul 2004

The late Luther Allison.

Comment

• brendon
                                                  • Aug 2004

The Blues- A Musical Journey

You may wish to hunt down the above series of 6 documentaries about different facets/eras/instruments of the blues filmed by a number of big name directors who are blues fans including Clint Eastwood ,Martin Scorsese,Wim Wenders and Mike Figis.Originally shown on PBS in the States and on ABC television in Australia and is for sale in record stores in parts or as a box set,
                                                  which I will have to buy as I missed most of the episodes .
                                                  Out here in Western Australia blues ledgends are in short supply but I was lucky enough to literally stumble over a club performance by Buddy Guy in 1990something which to this day would rank as one of the best live performances of any genre I've seen and the guy was 60 plus? but put on an
                                                  electric performance.
                                                  Our local blues hero is chap called Dave Hole who I understand is getting acclaim OS in blues circles.
                                                  As a lot of people people would have been my interest in the blues came from the Brittish side of things with Led Zepplin being a major cataylst.I see there is now a few current bands such as The White Stripes who are doing blues covers such as Lead Belly tunes which will hopefully keep interest alive amongst the young'ns.
                                                  Would have to nominate Stevie Rays version of little Wing as my favorite SRV track but he is another artist I must explore further as I only have a best of CD at present which I am sure does not do him justice.
                                                  Brendon

Comment

• taz13
                                                    • Jun 2004

Another Canuck Blues Player
                                                    Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                      • Aug 2004

Brendon,Dave Hole is making a name for his self over here also...I have picked up a couple of his cds.

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                        • Aug 2004

And speaking of great bluesmen....we recently lost two giants.

R.L. Burnside,whose fame came very late in his life....thanks to the HBO tv series,the Sopranos.They used some of his music in their soundtrack.His music,like the show was very gritty and raw.Mr.Burnside passed away a few weeks ago...I believe he was in his late 70s.

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown was a true pioneer.He started out in the blues,but was so talented he also played jazz,cajun,jump....
                                                        He was a master of several different instruments.He died in Houston,I believe,after fleeing the hurricaine Katrina tradgey.He was 81,I believe.

If you have an interest in "real" blues,check them out.They are gone but have left a library of great material.

Comment

• Lex
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Apr 2001

Allmon Bros, Stormy Monday, and more.

B.B., can't go wrong.

Only thing better than listening to the Blues is playing them. My band used to have hour long jam sessions on blues years ago. It was a blast. One of our guitarists was heavily influenced by B.B. King, and if you closed your eyes while the other guitar was playing slide, you'd swear Duane Allmon was back. At the least, Dicky Betts. Man, he was great, and just let his talent waist away playing acoustic for nobody. He could make his Les Paul dance.
                                                          Doug
                                                          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• bigburner
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • May 2005

I agree that Martin Scorsese does good work. His "Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Allman Brothers" is a great CD because he picks the best versions available of each song (many from the Fillmore Live album). My favourite track on the album is "I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town". It's a HUGE song that runs to over 9 minutes.

Another great version of that song is done by Buddy Guy. You'll find it on his Stone Crazy album at over 8 minutes long. Sometimes I think that Buddy is the best guitarist alive today.

Ray Charles' version of the song is also well worth a listen. What a lovely voice that man had.

Comment

• Lex
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Apr 2001

Yeah burner, Filmore East was a legendary album for my band and I. We played almost the entire album as part of our "sets". The blues didn't always go over with crowds though. It just depended who we were playing for as to how much blues we got away with, lol. Clapton was another, truly great blues inspired musician.

Lex
                                                              Doug
                                                              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                                • Aug 2004

I have a great deal of respect for Eric Clapton...he respects the music.
                                                                Case in point many years ago when Clapton first came to this country....he was asked what he wanted to do here? He replied by saying he wanted to play guitar blues like
                                                                Buddy Guy.And of course all the reporters said...who????...Clapton told them...you don't even know your heros....

That "Stone Crazy" cd....is a great cd,one of the ones that hooked me on the blues...
                                                                Another cut off that cd...."I smell a rat...and he walks on two legs"....
                                                                I might have to play that tonight....

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
                                                                  • Jun 2005

I just saw John Mayall excellent show and I saw Candye Kane very good blues woman

Anything by Mayall is good and from Kane Diva la Grande is her best (produced by Dave Alvin)

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2005

Lex, in my group of friends the blues isn't everyone's cup of tea either. I find it hard to understand why.

I hadn't heard that story before about Eric and Buddy, H.Donald. I really admire Eric because he organises great musical events with great musicians, past and present. I loved the way he included Hubert Sumlin in the Crossroads Guitar Festival concert even though he's pretty ancient and past his best. He respects other musicians.

I'll be reminding myself about "I Smell A Rat" later this evening too.

Cyclesberuff, I fell in love with John Mayall's "USA Union" in 1970 when I was a 16 year old schoolboy. "Crying" was my favourite track. I don't know Candye Kane, but I'll find her.

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2004

There is a book,Deep Blues by Robert Palmer....not the singer,which traces the history and culture of the blues.It was also made into a documentry film,on dvd....I believe this was where I saw and read Eric's quote....

Candye Kane....from porn star to blues star,I guess if you do one ...it's easy to get the other....

Comment

• taz13
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jun 2004

The library of Congress has some great historical stuff
                                                                        Here is one http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/lohtml/lohome.html
                                                                        Select Audio Subject when page opens.

A 1939 recording of Black Betty, The earliest of black betty I have found is 1912.

Captain Don't allow no Truckin around here
                                                                        Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Jun 2005

"Candye Kane....from porn star to blues star,I guess if you do one ...it's easy to get the other...."

Ok, I knew I was setting myself up, but I did not want to state the obvious musicians. Koko Taylor,Eva Cassidy, Abby Lincoln....I wanted to promote someone fairly new,with a good voice.

Some who only sings, not plays a guitar and sings like Debrah Coleman Shannon Curfman Debbie Davies.....

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2004
                                                                            • 477

Truth is ,I was just being a wise guy.I have never heard Ms.Kane sing...and I have never seen one of her ...ahhhh..."movies".This is only what I have read somewhere...
                                                                            But she fancies herself a serious artist??...interesting...

Speaking of new voices.....a few weeks ago we went to see Susan Tedeschi at the local Melody Tent.Opening the show was a petite, 16 year old girl,Sonja Kitchell,from western Mass.She simply blew the crowd away....never have I seen an opening act make an impression like she did.Her voice just filled the tent...it made you wonder where it was coming from....all the while playing a great acoustic and slide guitar.Afterwards she was selling her homemade cds....which we purchased.If she becomes a big star I'll be selling them on ebay.

Also while on the blues....anybody into John Mayer?...well apparently he is about to embark on a career change.The John Mayer that I know sings pop and plays a nice guitar at times.Now according to a columnist at the Boston Globe he is about to attempt to become a bluesman.In the article today she rips him to shreds....it was probably the most unkind article I have read.It was almost personal.....
                                                                            The headline was....Mayer can play the notes,but he can't play the blues....
                                                                            Some tidbits....she called it "more of a punch line than a sound career move"...
                                                                            call him a "milquetoast pop singer,producer of the anemic"...even cracked on his wardrobe.I don't know if he "done her wrong"...but for some reason the article was scalding.I guess her point is that you have to be born into the blues.You must have lived a life of poverty or desperation to sing the blues.I found her very much off base...and even my wife asked ,what did he do to her???

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Jun 2005
                                                                              • 42

#39
                                                                              Don't you love it when a Sonja Kitchell comes out of nowhere! I'll keep my ears open for her.
                                                                              Susan Tedeschi sounds great too. All in one night,you guys must of had fun. I like her hubby, every time the Allmans come to town I go see them just for Derrick Trucks.

I agree with you on John Mayer, everything I've heard is pop but I once saw him on CBS Sunday Morning and he claimed that his true influences were SRV and Jimi. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                                                                              Talk to you soon

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2005
                                                                                • 2649

#40
                                                                                How To Sing The Blues

How To Sing The Blues

by Lame Mango Washington
                                                                                (attributed to Memphis Earlene Gray with help from Uncle Plunky, revisions by Little Blind Patti D. and Dr. Stevie Franklin)

1. Most Blues begin, "Woke up this morning."

2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, 'less you stick something nasty in the next line, like " I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."

3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes ... sort of: "Got a good woman - with the meanest face in town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher - and she weigh 500 pound."

4. The Blues are not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch; ain't no way out.

5. Blues cars: Chevys and Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft an' state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.

6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, " adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada. Hard times in St. Paul or Tucson is just depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place that don't get rain.

8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg cuz you skiing is not the blues. Breaking your leg cuz an alligator be chomping on it is.

9. You can't have no Blues in an office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.

10. Good places for the Blues:

a. highway
                                                                                b. jailhouse
                                                                                c. empty bed
                                                                                d. bottom of a whiskey glass

Bad places:

a. Ashrams
                                                                                b. gallery openings
                                                                                c. Ivy League institutions
                                                                                d. golf courses

11. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old ethnic person, and you slept in it.

12. Do you have the right to sing the Blues? Yes, if:

a. you're older than dirt
                                                                                b. you're blind
                                                                                c. you shot a man in Memphis
                                                                                d. you can't be satisfied

No, if:

a. you have all your teeth
                                                                                b. you were once blind but now can see
                                                                                c. the man in Memphis lived.
                                                                                d. you have a retirement plan or trust fund.

13. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Gary Coleman could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.

14. If you ask for water and Baby give you gasoline, it's the Blues.

Other acceptable Blues beverages are:

a. wine
                                                                                b. whiskey or bourbon
                                                                                c. muddy water
                                                                                d. black coffee

The following are NOT Blues beverages:

a. mixed drinks
                                                                                b. kosher wine
                                                                                c. Snapple
                                                                                d. sparkling water

15. If it occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse, and dying lonely on a broken down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or getting liposuction.

16. Some Blues names for women:

a. Sadie
                                                                                b. Big Mama
                                                                                c. Bessie
                                                                                d. Fat River Dumpling

17. Some Blues names for men:

a. Joe
                                                                                b. Willie
                                                                                c. Little Willie
                                                                                d. Big Willie

18. Persons with names like Sierra, Sequoia, Auburn, and Rainbow can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.

19. Make your own Blues name (starter kit):

a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.)
                                                                                b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi,etc.)
                                                                                c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.)

For example, Blind Lime Jefferson, or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc.

(Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")

20. I don't care how tragic your life: you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues. You best destroy it. Fire, a spilled bottle of Mad Dog, or get out a shotgun. I don't care.

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Aug 2004
                                                                                  • 477

#41
                                                                                  bigburner.....LMAO :T

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2005
                                                                                    • 2649

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Spearmint
                                                                                    Another of my favorites is Tony Joe White, a couple of my favorite album's are "One Hot July", and "The Heroines" amongst others.
                                                                                    Funny, I never think of Tony Joe White as blues. Country rock or swamp perhaps?

However, going through my collection I see these tracks:

Bayou Blues
                                                                                    Rich Woman Blues
                                                                                    Stockholm Blues
                                                                                    Undercover Agent For The Blues (a good song)

so I guess TJW considers that he does some blues.

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Jun 2005
                                                                                      • 42

#43
                                                                                      LOL Biggie!!! Is it true that if a blues album is played backwards the out come is much better?

Comment

• David Meek
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Aug 2000
                                                                                        • 8938

#44
                                                                                        Either that or you hear "devil music". :B
                                                                                        .

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2005
                                                                                          • 2649

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by taz13
                                                                                          The library of Congress has some great historical stuff
                                                                                          Here is one http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/lohtml/lohome.html
                                                                                          Select Audio Subject when page opens.

A 1939 recording of Black Betty, The earliest of black betty I have found is 1912.

Captain Don't allow no Truckin around here
                                                                                          http://memory.loc.gov/afc/afcss39/263/2639b1.mp3
                                                                                          Interesting stuff Richard. Mama Don't Allow No Music is obviously derived from Captain Don't allow no Truckin. I really like Doc Watson's version of Mama Don't. Have you got that one? My Ram Jam version of Black Betty is certainly quite different, and as for the Spiderbait version of Black Betty, those old folks would be spinning in their graves!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"