X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen
    • Dec 2003

Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

Well the other day I thought I'd check and see what Fiona Apple has been up to. It's been awhile since her second album came out (1999 I think). I really love her first 2 albums and I was anxious to hear something new from her.

I found out that she has had an album ready ( Extraordinary Machine ) since 2003. Sony has decided not to release it because they do not feel it is marketable :blink:

Well this peaked my interest even more. So after a little more seaching, I found a site that had all the songs ( Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine ). I had a listen to them and found them to be quite good. I then burnt them to a CD so that I could listen to them on my stereo.

Oh my goodness :E This is some of the most beautiful music I heard in ages. I think it's in part due to "CD-quality! The files are now 192kbps Joint Stereo @ 44.1 kHz." as the site claims, which seems to have more of a SACD sound quality to it than a regular CD. I've listened to these songs a few times over now and I'm just in love with them.

If you have the time, have a listen to them for yourself.

I don't know what Sony is thinking, but they're missing the boat on this one.

I for one don't like the idea of downloading and burning songs vs. paying for them - so Mr. Sony, I'll gladly buy this CD from you. You just have to start selling it.

Just my opinion, see what you think.

Last edited by Glen; 05 April 2005, 23:08 Tuesday.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Good to know buddy :T I may have to grab those as I quite enjoy her music as well so if they're aren't going to sell them....
    Jason

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Grrrr :evil: Getting Can not find server error :evil:
      Jason

Comment

• Glen
        • Dec 2003

Yeah, the sites that post the songs keep going down. Try it in a search engine and you should be able to find a site that has them.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

MP3 file format?
          Jason

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Found it on Bit Torrent but you need to be a member (pay) for the program to download their stuff...

Got it with a little help from a buddy and a program to dowload that bit torrent file with :T
            Last edited by aud19; 06 April 2005, 21:54 Wednesday.
            Jason

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Got it. Like it :T
              Jason

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

If you're not into Bit Torrent or Azureus (that's what I use because it's completely free :wink: ), this link has fairly high bit rate mp3s.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Glen
                  • Dec 2003

Well, after a long wait Sony did finally release this album. I was very excited to get it and compare the downloaded version againt the quality of the purchased CD.

Well to my amazement, Sony went and redid all the songs - so a direct comparison isn't possible. What's worse is they've taken out everything that was good. All the real strings and drums have been replaced by synthesizers and drum loops. It's lke they've 'dumbed' down the album for mass apeal :M .
                  All the songs sound like radio edit / dance re-mixes.

I still don't know what Sony is thinking, but I guess I'll be holding on to my treasured burnt copy for good (better make a back up copy).

:later:

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

GLEN! :later: Long time no see!

That sucks about the realeased version....sounds like I'll be hanging on to my burnt copy as well....
                    Jason

Comment

• Glen
                      • Dec 2003

Trust me, don't waste your money on the Sony release.

I'll try and pop in more often. Lifes just been too busy lately.

Take care..................................:later:

Comment

• David Meek
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

So. That raises a question. If the downloadable songs from that site are NOT the ones on the album released by the studio, would it be legit to have a copy of them?

Hopeful. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• ThomasW
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Probably depends on how the artist's contract is written.

Should the artist her self decide to freely release a version created outside the contractual obligations, having a copy of that version would be legal. But that's certainly not the case in this situation, since the original downloaded (pirated) version was made in the Sony? studio.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
                            So. That raises a question. If the downloadable songs from that site are NOT the ones on the album released by the studio, would it be legit to have a copy of them?

Hopeful. . . .
                            Well I'd guess it's not entirely legit David.... However in this instance I had no choice before and a bad choice now so I say screw Sony :lol:
                            Jason

Comment

• Glen
                              • Dec 2003

Well Sony has my money for the released copy, and should they ever release the downloaded copy version I would happily pay for it - So the ball is in their court now........................................... :B

Comment

• ThomasW
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

For all the hardcore Fiona fans

username: faces
                                password: hearts

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Glen
                                  • Dec 2003

Awesome!

;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x(

Comment

Working...
                                  😀
                                  😂
                                  🥰
                                  😘
                                  🤢
                                  😎
                                  😞
                                  😡
                                  👍
                                  👎
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"