X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnT
    • Jan 2003

Blasted grado stylus broke, any recommendations for replacement

I was listening to an album tonight and noticed it didnt sound right, I then noticed my grado needle was bent to one side, tried to straighten it but it just broke%*&@#..oh well, I now need a replacement and want to try something other then grado..

I want a kickA@@ needle for not much money :roll: is there such a thing ? and does anybody reccomend against a used needle? (doesnt sound like a good idea). I have a project 1.2 TT and my next question is, instead of paying alot of money for just a stylus should I go ahead and get a better TT with cartidge (it seems cheaper this way)...any suggestions apreciated
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

It is hard to answer your question without a budget. Ortofon makes some great inexpensive needles. You may want to look at the OM20 or the OM30. Shure also makes a good cartridge without breaking the bank. The Needle Doctor seems like a pretty good place to buy from, http://www.needledoctor.com
    They may even be able to fix your old cartridge. If you decide to buy a new TT there are so many great choices these days. Remember, vinyl isn't for nostalgia, it is the best high resolution music playback system, with tons of software available, you can get at the present.

Comment

• JohnT
      • Jan 2003

Bob,

Yea I kinda left of costs because I dont want to spend much but if thats what it takes to get the sound I want then Ill have to bite the bullet. For an example I see used MMF7 turntables with eroica cartridges for around 550.00 or so. If I were to go out and just buy the cartridge by itself would cost ~250.00 or so. Since I only have the project 1.2 table, it almost seems as if I should sell it at 150.00 or so without cartridge and then spend an extra 400.00 or so and get a used mmf7 complete, instead of spending almost as much in the end for a sytlus... I will go to needledoctor to get an idea of costs for stylus's you mentioned, thanks

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"